Beating the queues at immigration.

30 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Your not going to be paying an agent to fill anything in. If you understand my post you pay 7k for that you get the stamp 1.9k multi re-entry permit  3.8k =; 5.7k so 1.3 k goes twds the salary of the agent.could probably cut it to 6k 300bht given the amount of expats getting extensions would easily cover thevsalaries òf appointed Agents. So they dont get confused with the currupt agents call them immigration go betweens or facilitators.

I am guessing you are related to some sheister agent. I don't give a darn if his commission is ฿100 I will not pay,  I have the PDF's of the forms i will fill in the blanks that any idiot should be able to do, ride my motorbike to government center and do it myself. 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I am guessing you are related to some sheister agent. I don't give a darn if his commission is ฿100 I will not pay,  I have the PDF's of the forms i will fill in the blanks that any idiot should be able to do, ride my motorbike to government center and do it myself. 

Its pointless you really don't understand what I proposed you give an agent nothingbyou pay the Goverment. You still can use all your pdf forms thevso called idiots can fill in but opposed to going to immigration you go to the agent/facilitator.

Handvovervyour FILLED IN documents and money forvwhich you get a receipt. And he goes to immigration and gets everything done hands over money to Immigration for which he gets a receipt. Weres the corruption there. Far simpler. 

It acsugestion is all but dont worry itbwill nevervhappen so you carry on filling your idiot proof forms in. Government center?

My Marriage extension last 2 times i never even got to sit down before being called. Obviously doing the documents is agony, i realised never to volunteer documents after the first 2 times, as it just delays the process. I usually get writers cramp countersigning the one inch high stack of A4! 90 days and re-entries i do about 2-30 pm and never had more than one person in front (usually zero), Joys of Isaan.

What happens if you arrive shortly before they close (let's say they close at 17:00 and you arrive at 16:45). Do you still get a queue number? Do they work until all numbers are processed or do they just kick you out?

Obviously these long queues only exist at places with many foreigners, when i went to the immigration in Udon Thani there were me and 2 other persons and i was done after a few minutes.

Depending on what you want to do and where you live it probably makes sense to go to an immigration in another province. If for example you live in On Nut, Samut Prakan is closer than Chaengwattana and probably not such long queues.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rickudon said:

My Marriage extension last 2 times i never even got to sit down before being called. Obviously doing the documents is agony, i realised never to volunteer documents after the first 2 times, as it just delays the process. I usually get writers cramp countersigning the one inch high stack of A4! 90 days and re-entries i do about 2-30 pm and never had more than one person in front (usually zero), Joys of Isaan.

Last week in Nong Khai, my Extension of Stay (Retirement) took 1 hour , start to finish. A newish female Captain who checked and re-checked all through the process. Very polite, and she actually addressed me on occasion. The office was devoid of customers at 1pm. Nothing unexpected as I had previously popped in to double check on the needed documents, and seasoning requirements.

FYI, I was at Chaeng Watthana yesterday and there were many, many temporary A4 signs highlighting limited hours for Friday, 29 September 2017. Most mentioned cut-off times of 12 noon, while a few mentioned 2:00 PM. All with reference to "the end of the fiscal year". 

I arrived at ~ 8:25 AM and the line was easily the longest I have ever seen. I went downstairs, made some copies, had a coffee, went back up ~ 8:45 AM and the inside line to get a queue number was still 10 deep. My wait at the L counters (extension of stay) wasn't too bad, maybe 30 minutes to see the first officer, and another 10 minutes to get my passport returned after first and second line reviews. They seem to have a lot of interns helping out with the more mundane tasks.