Dam burst in Laos

Oxx

On 9/20/2017 at 7:56 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

nature's violence never ceases to terrify/enthrall...

Nothing to do with nature mate.....a human-caused disaster 100 %. Dam failure and poorly regulated mining by cowboys in the Lao boondocks can and does go wrong, as this video testifies.

4 hours ago, plachon said:

Nothing to do with nature mate.....a human-caused disaster 100 %. Dam failure and poorly regulated mining by cowboys in the Lao boondocks can and does go wrong, as this video testifies.

say dude, whatchoo up to after all these years?

nah...the destruction is like what happens in an earthquake, buildings collapse and folks die due to human error but it takes 'nature's violence' to precipitate the destruction...like torrential rain, gravity, etc...

or maybe I read it wrong...did the dam collapse under design conditions with no other assistance? it's the horrifying spectacle that I refer to...

On 9/26/2017 at 3:20 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

say dude, whatchoo up to after all these years?

nah...the destruction is like what happens in an earthquake, buildings collapse and folks die due to human error but it takes 'nature's violence' to precipitate the destruction...like torrential rain, gravity, etc...

or maybe I read it wrong...did the dam collapse under design conditions with no other assistance? it's the horrifying spectacle that I refer to...

Heavy rain upstream (predictable at this time of year) caused the under-engineered mining dam to fail, sending a torrent of muddy water downstream to hit the next dam d/s under construction, which is the one shown in vdo I believe. Quite different from an earthquake, and not a "natural" disaster. But nobody died in this, afaik, so not serious in the bigger scale of things, but ecologically-speaking, expect there are not many fish left in the river these days after that level of suspended solids in the water.

Still round and about, tho' not in Muang Thai these days......