Grand Pacific Cha Am

tigerman

I went to visit it and was taken on a tour. All the rooms situated around the pool are open and are being rented out. The larger high rise complex at the rear has not been finished yet, but they said that it was expected to be ready in April, 2007.

It looks a very classy hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to visit it and was taken on a tour. All the rooms situated around the pool are open and are being rented out. The larger high rise complex at the rear has not been finished yet, but they said that it was expected to be ready in April, 2007.

It looks a very classy hotel.

I was taken around too, the rooms are very nice, better than, for example, the Marriott BKK. The rest of the place is too 'busy', terracotta elephants everywhere and just a bit overdone.

at 5k/night, or around 4k if you shop around on the net, it's a bit steep for Cha-am.

Baan Laan suan is much better value for money and has a decent beach in front. The Grand Pacific has none, just rocks and a bit of beach if the tide's out.

It'll be filled with tours, and the size of it is bound to have an impact on Cha-am. Hmmmm.

Progress, I suppose.