UK Embassy Income letter - FYI

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have sent many attachments with my gmail account and they have not been linked to Google drive. Same for the ones sent to me by other gmail users.

Good to know that Gmail are not making underhand changes like Outlook, although the same cannot be said for Google itself. I would have kicked Hotmail into touch when it became Outlook but I have had the same email for over 20 years.

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good to know that Gmail are not making underhand changes like Outlook, although the same cannot be said for Google itself. I would have kicked Hotmail into touch when it became Outlook but I have had the same email for over 20 years.

I have had a Yahoo mail account for about 18 years. Had a hotmail account also but let it die when it started having tons of spam.

No problems with Google. I have already changed over from drive to to Google backup and sync since drive is going away.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have had a Yahoo mail account for about 18 years. Had a hotmail account also but let it die when it started having tons of spam.

No problems with Google. I have already changed over from drive to to Google backup and sync since drive is going away.

Google Drive itself is not going anywhere they are going to change how it is accessed. I only use it to share large chunks of data not an everyday tool.

Google has become far too integrated and problems are really a matter of perception. I just find it a bit disconcerting to see messages from my phone appearing on the TV screen and some of the various other party tricks.

On 29/09/2017 at 2:00 PM, sandyf said:

Any chance you can come up with some way to disable Skype from Outlook, that is more of a headache.

According to this link, then it isn't possible to do this!

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34705/how-do-i-turn-off-skype-in-outlook-com

Quoted from this page 

Skype is fully integrated with Outlook.com and cannot be turned off. We have received customer feedback that people would like the ability to turn off Skype and we’re working on adding this feature – watch this space.

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

According to this link, then it isn't possible to do this!

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34705/how-do-i-turn-off-skype-in-outlook-com

Quoted from this page 

Skype is fully integrated with Outlook.com and cannot be turned off. We have received customer feedback that people would like the ability to turn off Skype and we’re working on adding this feature – watch this space.

Thanks, same conclusion I had come to.

On 29 September 2017 at 7:50 PM, BritTim said:

Sigh! It seems you spoke with someone at the embassy who does not know the current rules. A couple of years ago, that was the correct procedure. Now, you cannot do it in person, only by mail (and apparently very recently email).

If you read his post it says marriage/ visa, for the marriage paperwork you do have to go to embassy, maybe the person he spoke to heard that word and gave him correct information.   Just saying ?