Wind blows down aluminum ceiling boards at purple line train station

webfact

Wind blows down aluminum ceiling boards at train station

By The Nation

1ebb61d761a834fae4f6103f3a9d2259-sld.jpg

A thunderstorm blew off some aluminum ceiling boards at Bang Rak Yai station of the purple line electric train system in Nonthaburi on Thursday night.

Following heavy rains and strong winds, some boards were blown off the station’s ceiling at about 8.30pm.

Other boards were left hanging loosely and pointing down to the road below.

Nobody was injured.

Passengers took photos and video clips and shared the event on their Facebook walls.

Officials sealed off the area and worked through the night to fix the ceiling. A crane was used to remove the loose boards for fear that they would fall on passing vehicles.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327989

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-29

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

1/8" aluminium rivets each 2m.....what happened?

For sure it wasn't up to specs....this should never happen of course. Now i fear all those new stations and sure won't drive there anymore for a year in storms/rain.

I bet they just hang the panels back, maybe some extra screws (not even stainless steel i bet) and that's it.

Crossy you're into it, what will they improve now and also on all the new stations?

11 hours ago, Thian said:

Crossy you're into it, what will they improve now and also on all the new stations?

I'm a rail systems chap not a civil engineer (and I like my job) so I can't really comment.

Suffice to say these (and the new) stations are designed down to a price and built by the lowest bidder.