getting O-A Visa in HCMC?

Hi 

• Medical certificate - signed by a doctor.
  • Uk Criminal record certificate.
  • Banks statement showing excess 800,000 THB

After searching I was delighted (and surprised) to see that an O-A visa was possibly available outside of the UK and not restricted to apply exclusively only from London Thai Embassy. 

Background: I will now not be able to apply to London Embassy for my O-A visa and my flight leaves in a few days time.

QUESTIONS:

1. Can anyone confirm that it is actually possible for a UK passport holder to  apply for an O-A visa in HCMC?
  2. Can I use a UK lawyer  for verification for the medical / Criminal certificates - or do I need to have these notorised in Vietnam?

Huh?
O-A visas are ONLY available from your passport home country OR sometimes other nations where you have established permanent residency.

Sounds to me that you don't know the difference between an O-A visa (which is a very specific and distinctive thing)  and a regular O visa / annual retirement extensions in Thailand. 

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks Guys

That clears it up!

Might be interesting for some to know:

Original NPCC (Criminal certificate) was sent to Embassy, but passport was returned without a visa......

They want a copy of NPCC certificate (not the original) - certified by a solicitor / public notory - Even though the original NPCC contains an original originator signature, security watermarks and a holograph embossed security code that is unique to my application.