Is it worth being loyal to car insurance co in Thailand

davidst01

Not sure if you have same company as me but mine is great. I was hit in a car park repaired and taken care of no problem. 

I hit a cement post 2 years ago. Again they repaired it no problem. This year they discounted my insurance by 50 % for using their service for so many years.

I would say ride it out with the company you have. You may be surprised in the future when you get a long term customer discount.

6 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Not sure if you have same company as me but mine is great. I was hit in a car park repaired and taken care of no problem. 

I hit a cement post 2 years ago. Again they repaired it no problem. This year they discounted my insurance by 50 % for using their service for so many years.

I would say ride it out with the company you have. You may be surprised in the future when you get a long term customer discount.

and the insurance company name is......

15 hours ago, whiteman said:

axa all the way great company

First truck came with 1 year free first class from Liberty Mutual who were too lazy to send a renewal notice so with no claims and no time to shop around, I went to their shop and renewed despite the slight increase in premium. The following year, I shopped around and settled on a better deal with AXA via a broker for the remaining claim-free year of ownership.

Current truck came with the same 1 year free first class from Liberty Mutual and got a renewal notice (no discount) and I shopped around. Got a good deal from AXA (same broker) based on my 'priors' and showed that to LM. They said they couldn't match it so I went with AXA again.

Mrs NL had a claim on her ride while covered by AXA and despite the initial difficulties of the 'big versus small' aspects of the claim (Thai on Thai, no farang involved), they ultimately did a good job.

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My advice to the OP is if he's happy with the service so far, then bite the bullet for his mistake but get them to put that 'if no further claims, the premium will revert' assertion in writing.

I also recommend that at renewal time, everyone should shop around rather than being lazy and taking what your current insurer is offering. It may be cheaper but another company could be a lot cheaper.

Although I am happy with my insurers, I always shop around a couple of weeks ahead of the due date to see what the rivals come up with. I like to maintain a higher residual (total loss value), higher than the industry's standard x%/annum depreciation can offer. For that, I am willing to pay extra but not all insurance companies will consider it.

So next year, if the OP has stuck with his insurer, avoided prangs and they have 'forgotten' their pledge, he can take his money elsewhere.

This is bad advice. Its like throwing away 10k to 15k this year and then leave them in `12 months time'. whats the point of that. Its best to jump ship now to a new insurer who doesnt ask about the previous insurance company and save 10,000 baht

On 10/3/2017 at 12:19 PM, grollies said:

When you go for car insurance quotes (in the UK at any rate) a standard question is 'have you had any claims in the previous 5 years?'

If you lie, have an accident, claim and they find out (they will), your insurance is invalid. The main aim of insurers is to win business and wriggle out of paying up wherever possible.

Don't know about over here as we've only insured once. But insurance is due for renewal in a month or two so will have a look at Axa.

Thanks OP for a useful topic.

My experience over here is if you have a friend who is an agent and can sell you all the major policies it pays off because they do not ask that question or if they do it does not get answered.

One can effectively jump from company to company after claims. At least that is what my wife has done.

So, now we know.

We are with Virya,who have been good ,but one of our cars ir 12 years old and they cannot give first class insurance on it ,although the insurance they offered is only 2600 baht , will axa do first class? i really do not mind paying for it ,as the car is in first class condition and really reliable .

• 2 weeks later...