kanchanaburi imagration

6 minutes ago, grego49 said:

I also found out today whilst regeristing my adress that when you leave the country and return you can do it on line.

Please enlighten us. A bit more info would be welcome since this sounds too good to be true. 

2 minutes ago, Carib said:

Please enlighten us. A bit more info would be welcome since this sounds too good to be true. 

Travel via modem- easy. 

In 15 years I have regularly used 3 immigration offices, and occasionally many others.  Kan was by far the best.

Today i had to regester my adress when doing a retirement extension chated to the your guy who did it,told him i was going home for 2 weeks end Nov asked him would i need to register my adress again he said yes but you can do it on line,looked today on their web site

To me, all this is just because pure and simpel unknowledge by the "alien"... The office is just fine according to my friends.

But I think it can really be frustrated when you just dont know your way around... Take help from friends of yours,, that is my suggestion.

Glegolo

9 hours ago, grego49 said:

Thanks but not from me,they carried on about getting my first non imm o when i lived in chon buri

I am guessing that this is the critical information. If you are registered as resident in Chonburi, you need to change your province of residence with a TM-28 form before they will process the extension. As the records currently stand, you would need to do the extension in Chonburi.

Today i had to regester my adress when doing a retirement extension chated to the your guy who did it,told him i was going home for 2 weeks end Nov asked him would i need to register my adress again he said yes but you can do it on line,looked today on their web site

Imergratiom web site online services and click on alien registration.forgive me only using phone,,,

That is for permanent residency registration.

For online reporting (TM30), unless they gave you an ID number,  password and you can read Thai, you can't report online.

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

I am guessing that this is the critical information. If you are registered as resident in Chonburi, you need to change your province of residence with a TM-28 form before they will process the extension. As the records currently stand, you would need to do the extension in Chonburi.

Maybe. It's a new application so as long as he's using an address in the Kan catchment area they should accept the application. That office is, in my experience, very good and helpful. If it was a simple case of a change of address I would have thought they would have said so because they would be the office processing it.

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:
7 hours ago, BritTim said:

Maybe. It's a new application so as long as he's using an address in the Kan catchment area they should accept the application. That office is, in my experience, very good and helpful. If it was a simple case of a change of address I would have thought they would have said so because they would be the office processing it.

We are getting into the realm of speculation. The OP indicated that there were language problems. The talk of "first Non Imm O when I lived in Chonburi" suggests to me that they were trying to get across that they could not do the extension for someone living in Chonburi. Perhaps, they were unsure whether the OP was living in Kan or just visiting. One way or another, I think this was almost certainly just a breakdown in communication.