Pattaya beach now dubbed "War Zone" by tourists

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya city council---Money no hab to do,  no hab income for make good, even back pocket money small.   but we still enjoy our seminars --spa's away--convoys of taxi's--slap up dinners ans all expenses paid. 

1 minute ago, cherry02 said:

There are so many excellent comments and solution to get things better in Pattay...
Can someone tell me if all this has any influence on government actions? 
Can we do something to push our ideas forward?

NO,  it is down to Pattaya city council to get their priorities right.   Money has to be in the kitty, it is there for other council luxuries 

22 minutes ago, cherry02 said:

There are so many excellent comments and solution to get things better in Pattay...

No to your question, even Thais have very little input.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya beach now dubbed "War Zone" by tourists

3am1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

PATTAYA: -- Manager reported that tourists were now calling a 200 meter stretch of North Pattaya beach a war zone.

This was because of:

* Huge bags of sand that no one seemed to be doing anything with

* What they called bunkers on the beach

* Mountains of trash

* And now, to complete the war zone analogy, the refugees have even moved in....well, the homeless.

3am2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager said the title of war zone was given by tourists for the area from the Dusit Resort heading towards South Pattaya.

No one from the private contractors seemed to be there when reporters came calling.

the homeless had moved in after fences were ripped out.

What was once a "world class" beach is now a tip, they said, once again repeating the mantra that this was "damaging the image of Pattaya".

With high season fast approaching the media called on the authorities to ensure that the work at the beach was hurried up.

Thai media has been increasingly vocal in recent weeks slamming contractors and the authorities for the state of the beach and other pressing local issues.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-03

Remind me, when did Pattaya have a "world class beach"? Not in the last 30 yrs. The beach is narrow and dirty, the water toxic from garbage and sewage. Maybe over the hill at Jomtien there's a passable beach. That's it.

I have been here over 30 years, and 30 years ago Pattaya beach was s**t heap with all the effluent washing up on the beach that is pumped out to sea when you went to Pattaya you were told by the locals not to swim in the sea because of this reason. Jomtien at the time was the preferred beach, but I don’t know about now? It seems that s**t flows inshore so Jomtien has got to get some of it?

Last time I swam off that beach was 2002 or so. It was disgusting, swore never again and I've done some pretty crazy sh!t in my life. Prior to that had my foot ripped open jogging on that beach. 

Someone else can enjoy all that "world class".

I live as well near uttaradit as in jomtien south along second beach road. I am happy down my condo have big saltwater swimmingpool. I hate the dirty beach from jomtien center at palm hotel up to soi12. It is like a dumping place for plastic and Russians not giving a dam about environment. I before often had European friends over. I advise no to go to krabi already. Is same as pattaya north garbage stacknow.

5 minutes ago, Mingomania said:

I was there in 72 and only recall two hotels. One was local and the other one was accommodating Neckerman Tours guests from Germany...

5 minutes ago, Mingomania said:

I was there in 72 and only recall two hotels. One was local and the other one was accommodating Neckerman Tours guests from Germany...

6 minutes ago, Mingomania said:

1 hour ago, cherry02 said:

NO,  it is down to Pattaya city council to get their priorities right.   Money has to be in the kitty, it is there for other council luxuries 

NAAAAHHHHHHHHH ........ nothing wrong , here ....

lots more India and China Nationals - busy at Walking St.

but NOT spending like Europeans & North Americans .

Younger Japanese , Koreans , Taiwanese discovering this

place and they’re IT savvy - know where to go & prices .

CHANGES  ??

Wait until next election , then you see the MAFIA showing up

their faces and strength  !!  I prefer the NAVY from Sattahip.

10 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Pattaya....  one place I have never bothered going to in my trips to Thailand and during all my time in Thailand.    

I doubt that I've missed much...    

Yes you have missed out.

Pattaya is a great place to visit. loads to do.

Just don't bring your, mum, wife or girlfriend / boyfriend.

unless you have a very special relationship, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

it's full on, here,  if you like a good sex session, with one or multiple partners at the same time. 

The place is not about the beach, never has been.

But it's not the best place to live,   right now. :jap:

When I first got here a few years ago a friend took me to a beach a long drive from saraburi where we had been visiting. I saw dirty gray water and a few dive bars 

The beaches close to where I lived Huntington and Laguna beaches are world class beaches but even they don't have blue water as some of the northern CA beaches.