Hatari Fan Bearings

Daffy D

5 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Success! My first stop was to a Mom and Pop Amorn type shop that I had only recently discovered while looking for a timer for Panasonic washing machine.

I have a number of local "magic shops" who have just about anything you can imagine, just go to the right one and thou shalt be fulfilled.

Nothing like it in the UK, got to love Thailand.

I have a number of local "magic shops" who have just about anything you can imagine, just go to the right one and thou shalt be fulfilled.

Nothing like it in the UK, got to love Thailand.

Yes. I am surprised at the some of the shops here. Made it into the Chinatown area to have a look at some of the places you and Impulse have recommended. It's a good thing I can keep reminding myself that what I buy has to fit in my luggage to go home. Any type of steel, aluminum, copper or brass. You could want. Also something's like a time capsule. There was a shop selling electric drills made in the German D.R.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Had to go to my usual "Magic" shop today and while there asked about a 608-Z bearing.

Ofcourse they had not just one but a choice of two, one at 45Bt. and a genuine SKF at 125Bt.

Not having had the opportunity to buy something absolutly genuine for a long time I felt a bit reckless and paid out for the SKF. It's still in it's sealed little plastic bag Part No. 608-2RS1/C3 Made in Italy.

The bearing is sealed on both sides with what appears to be rubber instead of the metal on the ones I got yeterday from the Mom& Pop shop or on the Hatari origional.

Seems a shame to use the genuine SKF for just a room fan, seems like it should belong on a skateboard or something serious.

Perhaps I'll just frame it and hang it on the wall as a reminder that a real world is still somewhere out there.:whistling:

• Haha 2