Over 260,000 Chinese tourists to visit Thailand during China’s 8-day Golden Week holiday from October 1-8

webfact

Over 260,000 Chinese tourists to visit Thailand during China’s 8-day Golden Week holiday from October 1-8

By Thai PBS

0410009.jpg

Thailand is now anticipating a large number of Chinese tourists visiting the country during the National Day Golden Week holiday in China which runs from October 1-8.

Initial estimate by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is 260,000 Chinese tourists arriving during the golden week period, and 21 billion baht in earnings.

According to survey by Ctrip, a Chinese provider of travel services including accommodation reservation, transportation ticketing, packaged tours, Thailand will be the Chinese’s top destination during the 8-day golden week. Second popular destination is Japan.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/260000-chinese-tourists-visit-thailand-chinas-8-day-golden-week-holiday-october-1-8/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-04

Wait a second......260,000 / 7 (days) = 37,143 chinese per day arriving.  hmmm?  divide by 24 = 1548 chinese arriving every hour for a week!  Wow ...  Amazing!   555555555555!  And Pattaya Beach will be sparkling clean from now on.   Who comes up with these numbers?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is now anticipating a large number of Chinese tourists visiting the country during the National Day Golden Week holiday in China which runs from October 1-8.

Initial estimate by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is 260,000 Chinese tourists arriving during the golden week period, and 21 billion baht in earnings.

That's 80,769 baht in earnings from every Chinese tourist! Haha..., dream on TAT! :smile:

Have they already stocked up in Pattaya on shark fin soup, rhino horns, elephant tusks, tiger bones, and bear bile?? :passifier:

Edited by StayinThailand2much

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Definately not a good time to hang around in Thailand in that case...

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Definately not a good time to hang around in Thailand in that case...

You can be sure of that. I found out all week the hard way as they try to force their way into the BTS trains as passengers are trying to exit. Fortunately I have a weight and height advantage which I put to good use. Impolite and ignorant people they are. But friends tell me they don't behave like that in their own country. If that is that true I find it hard to believe.