Video: Pregnant Thai buffalo in Pamplona style dash through the streets of Chonburi!

webfact

Video: Pregnant Thai buffalo in Pamplona style dash through the streets of Chonburi!

61.jpg

Picture: NewTV

Six people were injured as a four month pregnant buffalo escaped from the annual Buffalo Races grounds in Chonburi and headed for the shops.

"Riam" was furious after she missed out on being named "Most Beautiful Buffalo" at the show.

As 70 year old owner Pon Seubsakunkarn was loading her onto a pick-up to go home yesterday the disappointed four year old brown buffalo had better ideas.

64.jpg

She got loose and gored several people then took to the streets of the town.

Taking her lead from the public she went the wrong way down a busy road though foundation workers helped by cordoning off traffic.

Riam was eventually rounded up in the car park of Central Chonburi shopping centre.

62.jpg

Her rampage was put down to the hot weather and irritability at being four months pregnant.

Four men and two women were injured in the rampage that resembled the famous bull run in Pamplona in Northern Spain - Thai style.

The Buffalo Races or "Wing Khwai" of Chonburi are a famous event held on parade grounds in front of the town hall each year.

Huge crowds always gather to witness the races and other cultural shows and events.

63.jpg

Source: NewTV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-05

Anyone know any details about these Chonburi buffalo races?

When, where, is it worth seeing if you are just an hour's ride away in Pattaya?

TAT's website's scant info shows it going on from October 1, to November 30, 2017.

I can't believe it goes on for 2 months...

52 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

TAT's website's scant info shows it going on from October 1, to November 30, 2017.

I guess I just missed it. Just watched KevInThailand's blog about it on Youtube.

2 hours ago, Gold Star said:

OOPS just too late http://thewall.asoshared.com/~norwayth/?event=buffalo-racing-chonburi-2017