Three killed, one severely injured in car crash in Samut Prakan

webfact

Three killed, one severely injured in car crash in Samut Prakan

By The Nation

8a42420fa04d2a4693439904a859c076-sld.jpg

JS100 photo

Three men were killed and another severely injured when their car crashed into a power pole in Samut Prakan’s Bang Plee district early on Friday.

Police said the accident happened at 3am on the road behind Wat Nam Daeng in Tambon Bang Plee Yai.

Police found a 100-metre-long skid mark on the road, suggesting that the driver tried to stop the car after losing control when it went airborne at high speed on a bridge before hitting the roadside pole.

Police said he driver, Pairat Chaemchan, 28, appeared drunk and smelled of alcohol. He was stuck behind the wheel.

All of his three passengers were killed. They were identified as Suriya Khanphan, 29, Yuranan Kannamsai, 26, and Chainarong Kaewphakdee, 26.

Pairat’s relatives told police that the four were returning home from drinking at Suriya’s girlfriend’s house.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328600

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-06

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police found a 100-metre-long skid mark on the road, suggesting that the driver tried to stop the car after losing control when it went airborne at high speed on a bridge before hitting the roadside pole.

No, a 100 meter-long skid mark is conclusive evidence of a driver's high rate of speed.  I'm not an accident reconstruction expert, but have retained many of them, and the driver's speed was around 115-120 kph (and probably higher as only the utility pole brought the vehicle to a stop) depending on how wet the road was and the road surface composition.  The lack of proper accident reconstruction analysis in the RTP and insurance industry contributes to the high motor vehicle fatality rates in Thailand.

Edited by zaphod reborn

Guess the killing will just go on Just shake my head  in disbelief It is like they dont think that drink driving is dangerous and speeding when drunk can kill. I guess when they had one last drink for the road  it definatly was there last drink

26,000 plus real reality

12 hours ago, trogers said:

Shows that alcohol belongs only in the fuel tank, and not the tummy.

Right, this is one of these non-dangerous drugs, that doesn't harm anybody available at the corner store.

Right?

Strange world.

This is one of the areas that alcohol plays its role on such a regular basis, its happening as we speak all day, every day, 24 hours a day all over the world. If we had the ears for it, we would be listening to the car crunches, one after the other, while we are having our morning coffee. All day every day. Like a ruthless killing machine.

On the other hand, for people who want to puff on some weed and drive half the speed, and probably more carefully, or chill out with some heroin and contemplate the garden of eden, or just have a few dreams with opium or hashish, or even speed up a little in the mind for dancing on a little meth; they risk getting put in the pen for twenty years to life or being EXECUTED by the state. That means the State make you Dead. Finished. Reducing you to a memory for your family.

Thou Shalt Drink Alcohol and Nothing but Alcohol for Your Pleasures.

Thou Shalt Have No Other Drugs Before Me. etc etc

Something is not right here. The law and people's priorities are so bent out of shape, the plot has been lost completely.

Before the wowsers, start tsk tsking and wagging their great pudgy or bony fingers, sure any drug can be abused, but we cannot prevent the odd people from going to excess on anything or buying the wrong stuff because it is illegal and there are no quality controls. Its human nature to make mistakes, but getting some rationality in the law wouldn't be a bad thing. Would it?

I know of a tall, handsome, personable young Pakistani man wasting his time away in one of the worst places on earth, a Philippine jail, because he got caught with a bit of meth and refused to sleep with the disgustingly obese, pimply, greasy daughter of the local Chief of Police. Well he did it once in desperation before making himself sick and taking his medicine like a man. She must be pretty awful.

How's that for the so called Law and Justice set?

So what's life like for him now? He gets his meth in the jail and probably has to have his sex alone.

While BIG ALCOHOL'S death drum beats in his ears at night, rumbling away in the distance endlessly.

What a waste.

1 hour ago, Maggusoil said:

This is one of the areas that alcohol plays its role on such a regular basis, its happening as we speak all day, every day, 24 hours a day all over the world. If we had the ears for it, we would be listening to the car crunches, one after the other, while we are having our morning coffee. All day every day. Like a ruthless killing machine.

On the other hand, for people who want to puff on some weed and drive half the speed, and probably more carefully, or chill out with some heroin and contemplate the garden of eden, or just have a few dreams with opium or hashish, or even speed up a little in the mind for dancing on a little meth; they risk getting put in the pen for twenty years to life or being EXECUTED by the state. That means the State make you Dead. Finished. Reducing you to a memory for your family.

Thou Shalt Drink Alcohol and Nothing but Alcohol for Your Pleasures.

Thou Shalt Have No Other Drugs Before Me. etc etc

Something is not right here. The law and people's priorities are so bent out of shape, the plot has been lost completely.

Before the wowsers, start tsk tsking and wagging their great pudgy or bony fingers, sure any drug can be abused, but we cannot prevent the odd people from going to excess on anything or buying the wrong stuff because it is illegal and there are no quality controls. Its human nature to make mistakes, but getting some rationality in the law wouldn't be a bad thing. Would it?

I know of a tall, handsome, personable young Pakistani man wasting his time away in one of the worst places on earth, a Philippine jail, because he got caught with a bit of meth and refused to sleep with the disgustingly obese, pimply, greasy daughter of the local Chief of Police. Well he did it once in desperation before making himself sick and taking his medicine like a man. She must be pretty awful.

How's that for the so called Law and Justice set?

So what's life like for him now? He gets his meth in the jail and probably has to have his sex alone.

While BIG ALCOHOL'S death drum beats in his ears at night, rumbling away in the distance endlessly.

What a waste.

Probably not worth asking if you fancy a beer then?

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

Probably not worth asking if you fancy a beer then?

Is that a firm ask then?       Yes as a matter of fact I do or would. . . I'm partial to Lao or in the Philippines, Red Horse.       

No, a 100 meter-long skid mark is conclusive evidence of a driver's high rate of speed.  I'm not an accident reconstruction expert, but have retained many of them, and the driver's speed was around 115-120 kph (and probably higher as only the utility pole brought the vehicle to a stop) depending on how wet the road was and the road surface composition.  The lack of proper accident reconstruction analysis in the RTP and insurance industry contributes to the high motor vehicle fatality rates in Thailand.

Good observation [emoji106]and it is long way to go for Thailand to reduce the number of road accidents

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app