Good Children's Dentist in Udon Thani

kwonitoy

As the title says,

Went to Aek Udon Hospital and was less than impressed, no fixing of cavities for a 6 year old's teeth just pull everything.

Anesthetic I asked, no was the answer

Gas? Gas no good was the answer ( they don't have the capability)

How do you pull teeth I asked, woman dentist pointed up at a selection of full body straitjackets to restrain the kid in the chair when they do a pliers type extraction.

I said there is no way your going to do that to my little boy

I left with my son

Are you sure that they wouldn't inject an anesthetic in the gums?

In Germany i've never seen any dentist use laughing gas, i only know this from US movies / TV shows.

I just asked my girlfriend about this, she said if teeth are pulled they inject an anesthetic in the gums, same as in Germany.

Maybe just a miss understanding because you expected them to use laughing gas?

Wow.....

I have been to a dentist at Udon Thani for a clean and a filing, my daughter also had a filing redone, she was 7 at the time, thumbs up English speaking dentist. The reason for the filling is that she had it also done in Sydney about a year earlier, with that dentist saying it will happen again, until the tooth comes out, so we had this dentist try and fill it again, he said he would give it a go, otherwise it would have to come out.

He managed to fill it, although the filling came out 6 months later, he was good with my daughter, and I sat in on the procedure all the way through, she hasn't had any complaints since it fell out 6 months ago. During the filing she was given some numbing stuff on her gums, and I am also pretty sure she had a needle, if not the numbing stuff worked, or that went on first, then the needle, she was fine with everything, with him making jokes with her all the way through, I was the one nervous 555.

I don't know if I am allowed to provide the details here on TVF so PM me and I will provide you with the number and name of the clinic, all you have to do is ask for the English speaking dentist, I think he is there Wednesday's and Saturday's.

I have always used the same dentist in Sydney for 32 years, so as you would imagine, I was nervous, but this guy was great, explained everything as we went along, i.e. I am going to do this and that, needle was painless as well.

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Are you sure that they wouldn't inject an anesthetic in the gums?

In Germany i've never seen any dentist use laughing gas, i only know this from US movies / TV shows.

I just asked my girlfriend about this, she said if teeth are pulled they inject an anesthetic in the gums, same as in Germany.

Maybe just a miss understanding because you expected them to use laughing gas?

Nope, no anesthetic, Doctor spoke good english but had a horrible attitude,  she said kids don't feel pain the same as adults.  

That's why I walked out

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Wow.....

I have been to a dentist at Udon Thani for a clean and a filing, my daughter also had a filing redone, she was 7 at the time, thumbs up English speaking dentist. The reason for the filling is that she had it also done in Sydney about a year earlier, with that dentist saying it will happen again, until the tooth comes out, so we had this dentist try and fill it again, he said he would give it a go, otherwise it would have to come out.

He managed to fill it, although the filling came out 6 months later, he was good with my daughter, and I sat in on the procedure all the way through, she hasn't had any complaints since it fell out 6 months ago. During the filing she was given some numbing stuff on her gums, and I am also pretty sure she had a needle, if not the numbing stuff worked, or that went on first, then the needle, she was fine with everything, with him making jokes with her all the way through, I was the one nervous 555.

I don't know if I am allowed to provide the details here on TVF so PM me and I will provide you with the number and name of the clinic, all you have to do is ask for the English speaking dentist, I think he is there Wednesday's and Saturday's.

I have always used the same dentist in Sydney for 32 years, so as you would imagine, I was nervous, but this guy was great, explained everything as we went along, i.e. I am going to do this and that, needle was painless as well.

PM sent

TV at it's best in situations like this

• 2 weeks later...

I actually ended up taking my daughter back to Canada to have some work done. Her 4 front uppers needed to be pulled and some other work. Dentist in Nong Khai (who were nice) just not at the same standard. 

She was given general anesthesia and we were in and out in less than an hour in Canada. Has had zero problems since. 

We did look but could not find this type of dental surgery around Nong Khai perrhaps Bangkok. 

It was not cheap but money well spent when it comes to my children. 

And i do not believe that children do not feel pain the same way. They do not have the same long term memories of the experience. But during the procedure they certainly feel pain like adults do.

Good luck with getting work done. It can be a traumatic experience for younger children which can lead to an unfortunate dislike of dentists later in their lives.