UK's May signals foreign minister Johnson could be sacked

webfact

I own two businesses in the UK, both run by my children. I have no day to day responsibilities for them anymore but constantly let my feelings be known as to how they should be run.  Both businesses  export to Germany and France and one exports to the USA as well. I take income in US$, British£ and Euros so have a choice as to what currency to use. I am in LOS next month and will likely use green backs to buy baht.

It would be interesting to hear some feedback from independent EU SME’s as to this whole process, as the main instigators behind giving the UK a hard time are surprisingly France & Germany.

I’ve to close friends whom own businesses, who started contingency planning in the results infancy, as they’re fully aware of what at stake, yet keeping an ear to the ground while surviving within their industry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I agree but what each side feels is preferable is not reciprocated.  Yes the EU set down their demands and it is up to the UK to respond to those demands. That is the way negotiations usually start.  Britain will want concessions to those demands and the EU will want something in return for those concessions. Before that the EU want three issues resolving and the UK wants them to be negotiated along side trade deals.  The UK says that the ball is in the EU's court and the EU say the opposite.  I think that is called stale mate.

Well, it's certainly getting stale, mate!

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Bizarre. if true. Why pick a chief negotiator who doesn't have a mandate to negotiate? And what are Merkel and Macrons' EU roles?

European Council as heads of heads of state. Obviously far more influential than the other 25!

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

European Council as heads of heads of state. Obviously far more influential than the other 25!

So shouldn't we be hearing about European Council policy, not policies agreed between Merkel and Macron? Reminds me of that old Spitting Image sketch of lunch at a Thatcher cabinet meeting: "What would you like for lunch madam?" "Steak. Raw." "And what about the vegetables madam?" "They'll have the same as me."

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

So shouldn't we be hearing about European Council policy, not policies agreed between Merkel and Macron? Reminds me of that old Spitting Image sketch of lunch at a Thatcher cabinet meeting: "What would you like for lunch madam?" "Steak. Raw." "And what about the vegetables madam?" "They'll have the same as me."

As it's all a bit secret (closed doors) I can only assume we have a nice schwäbischer rostbraten on a bed of fois gras, accompanied by a selection of 25 vegetables.