Veterinary work experience for UNI daughter from UK

Can anyone shed any light on my 20 yr old daughter's request. She has just started a UNI course in Animal Behaviour and Welfare at the Berkshire Agricultural College in the UK. She has asked if it is possible to do 2 weeks work experience in the animal field here in Thailand.

Her question was would they understand her as she only speaks English and could she do this and come to us at weekends (we are about 4 miles North East of Minburi, Bangkok.)

I suspect they would not pay her anything, but might give her food and drink - might! Assuming I could persuade the local vet practice to accept her I know for a fact that English is non-existent so I doubt she'll learn too much. However, as we do visit other vets and an Animal Hospital in Minburi whose doctors do speak some English (we have 4 dogs so it is an on-going thing) I  think the question might be more properly does she need a work permit if educational and un-paid? i.e on a voluntary basis for the two weeks?

She is all alone in the UK so I think she misses us although she was only here 4 weeks ago bless her.

As this is primarily for educational reasons, I think it is a grey area whether this is permissible on a tourist visa. There is a whiff of illegal working about it. If it is only for two weeks, I would say do it quietly, and no one is likely to notice. If it was revealed, you have a pretty good argument that it was purely educational in nature. You might have a stronger claim if, rather than her getting free board and lodging, you actually paid the veterinary practice a nominal fee for vocational training.

She has now decided that she wants to go up to the elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai as her brother who stayed here a couple of weeks ago visited there and was impressed.

I know they accept volunteers so as my Thai wife avers no vet would take her, only Safari Parks etc because she has no papers here, that is what she wants to attempt.

Also it is for two weeks in two places she says.

So it's still the visa type if any and work permit question please?

I've just looked - it's 12000 baht a week for students and SHE would have to pay! A rip off the UK would be proud of! AND she has to find a hotel and pay for it and her food, all they do is collect and return daily from the hotel. 

Edited by cliveshep