Paying Off Homegrown Debts From Los

Assuming there is a branch of HSBC in Bangkok, could anybody tell me where it is as I am leaving behind a credit card debt in the U.K. which was built up on my credit card last year during a period of unemployment and needs to be paid or I'll face court charges next time return home.

I realise I have left this a little late to sort out as I am off in less than two weeks but I was daft enough to assume that the collections dept would freeze the debt for the year I am contracted to work. No such luck.

It's not a big debt by today's standards but I'm getting grief over it and I need an easy way to pay it off in installments from over there.

Previously in BKK I've always been paid in cash and getting a Thai bank account always seemed to be a lot of hassle but I'd never thought of HSBC before; I just hope I have enough time to open one here in the U.K. and that it's not the be all and end all if can't.

Kind regards,

TG Scamp.

I'll face court charges next time return home.

You don't need to be there for them to take you to court for non payment.

About 90% of bad debt cases are uncontested if they do though and you do not attend they will win by default, you will then be blacklisted for at least six years.

So you can kiss goodbye to any credit for that period of time.