Police officer detained 15 days for refusing emergency call due to rain

webfact

Police officer detained 15 days for refusing emergency call due to rain

By The Nation

221b1ac89f4df358521a6d75d9172b4a.jpg

A Pathum Thani policeman who refused to respond to a plaintiff's call for help in a domestic disturbance case because it was raining at the time, will be punished with a 15-day detention to begin on Friday.

Khlong Luang superintendent Pol Colonel Ritthinan Puipanwong on Thursday told reporters that the officer, Pol Sr Sgt-Major Anan Orsuwan had confessed to refusing to aid victims.

Ritthinan said he had already ordered for Anan to be detained for 15 days as punishment. A fact-finding committee has been set up to probe the case, Ritthinan added.

The move followed criticism of police on Thai social media after a complainant’s Facebook post recounted his call to police earlier this week on the 191 hotline to report that an elderly relative had made a threat involving a knife against his family. 

When the call was directed to a Khlong Luang precinct policeman, the plaintiff's request for aid was turned down because the policeman said it was raining, said the Facebook post. The plaintiff then made a second call, this time recording the conversation. Met with the same excuse, he offered to give a ride to the officer to arrest the relative.

The knife-wielding suspect in that separate case was nabbed and is facing prosecution.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329136

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-12

Detained for 15 days along with beer, whiskey, soda, tom yam, pizza, BBQ, music, key from cell, party mates, restaurant, tee rak, gig, mia noi, short time hotel, taxi to bar, vice versa and etc...

Or didn't he bring in any brown envelopes lately ?

Pathetic excuse but no different from phuket airport taxi’s a few weeks ago.  I arrived from KL at around 8:30 at night... not one taxi available due to rains / flooding they told me.  The best i could get was at the last taxi booth - meter taxi - 20 min wait and set price 1200 baht

55 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

Pathetic excuse but no different from phuket airport taxi’s a few weeks ago.  I arrived from KL at around 8:30 at night... not one taxi available due to rains / flooding they told me.  The best i could get was at the last taxi booth - meter taxi - 20 min wait and set price 1200 baht

Is there no Uber or Grab in Phuket ?

What a police force. I am sure everybody in Thailand must feel safe when they are around. 15 days pathetic Should of been stood down perm. But since we talking about what police do Get this one A police man was standing at traffic lights changing them manually He put them on Orange and forgot to change them to Red or Green God there was some traffic chaos. Nearly caused so many accidents What the hell was he changing the lights manually for? The lights were working fine.

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hmmm, and back to work after ? 

Why not? He prob needed a break anyway Besides how could they finish playing cards with out him Needed 4 players in the game. Now everyone can see why Thais drivers have a smile on there face Cops are a big joke

9 hours ago, Birdbrain said:

Six months holiday with no pay.

First warning...

No way  Be 6 months with pay here But this would be the killer punch He cant collect Tea Money or  watch kick boxing or play cards for 1 year Now that would really hurt him