E-cigarettes linger despite legal threats

Rimmer

E-cigarettes linger despite legal threats

image.png

PATTAYA:--Look around any Pattaya bar and you’ll likely see someone still smoking an electronic cigarette, even though they’ve been illegal in Thailand since 2014.

Despite raids on markets and announcements form the police, e-cigarettes continue to be sold quietly around Pattaya for 300-2,000 baht, with flavored “vaping” liquid going for as little as 100 baht a bottle.

Besides the growing health concerns over e-cigarettes, the devices are illegal both to sell or even possess in Thailand, unless you have a receipt showing you bought your device before 2014.

The penalties can be stiff: Up to 5 years in jail and a fine four times the purchase price of the vaping gear for possession.

The importation, sale and production for sale of e-cigarettes carries sentences of up to 10 years and a fine of five times the value of the goods or both.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/e-cigarettes-linger-despite-legal-threats-188679

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-10-13

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, nikotin said:

Should make vaping legal at the beaches.One problem solved!555 This ban is the stupidest shit ever!!How can you put people in Jail for trying to live a healthier life??

Walked behind one guy who had one stuck in his gob and had to stop to let him get further ahead so I could then see where I was going. It brought to mind the old Navy movies when the order ' make smoke' was issued. 

Why do the user love to produce those huge volumes of the 'smoke'?

Just askin'

"Besides the growing health concerns over e-cigarettes". The only concerns over health have been raised by people and organisations directly connected to the Tobacco industry. Even there some tobacco companies are now quietly buying up Vaping companies (not to close them down, but to profit from them as their own products become more and more proscribed. It is now generally accepted worldwide that E-cigs are significantly less harmful than tobacco products, however like anti-vaxxers and climate sceptics there are always a few nutjobs who will go against science for personal gain or attention.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Walked behind one guy who had one stuck in his gob and had to stop to let him get further ahead so I could then see where I was going. It brought to mind the old Navy movies when the order ' make smoke' was issued. 

Just askin'

It's not smoke it's vapour and dissipates rapidly.

31 minutes ago, Seismic said:

"Besides the growing health concerns over e-cigarettes". The only concerns over health have been raised by people and organisations directly connected to the Tobacco industry. Even there some tobacco companies are now quietly buying up Vaping companies (not to close them down, but to profit from them as their own products become more and more proscribed. It is now generally accepted worldwide that E-cigs are significantly less harmful than tobacco products, however like anti-vaxxers and climate sceptics there are always a few nutjobs who will go against science for personal gain or attention.

I was just about to give you a like until your last inane statement, if you're not aware of the dangers of vaccinations and the very obvious climate scam you need to do some research.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Just askin'

That has nothing to do with the original vaping.Its low resietant vaping that makes the huge clouds,i also dont get it.its suppossed to give better flavor.normal ecigarettes will produce not much more vape than cigarettes smoke

4 minutes ago, nikotin said:

That has nothing to do with the original vaping.Its low resietant vaping that makes the huge clouds,i also dont get it.its suppossed to give better flavor.normal ecigarettes will produce not much more vape than cigarettes smoke

Have to admit I was surprised by the huge clouds this guy was producing, from his ciggy thing.

I'm a smoker and I thought I would have to do half a cig' to get anywhere near it.

Must be amazing if done inside a car.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Have to admit I was surprised by the huge clouds this guy was producing, from his ciggy thing.

I'm a smoker and I thought I would have to do half a cig' to get anywhere near it.

Must be amazing if done inside a car.

Many of my friends using them and you cant use it in a car,you are going to hit a tree!555 But they are so common in thailand because its illegal and you wont get liquids with high nicotine concentration,so you go lower and that means you need more vape to get your fix!

E-cigarette  is only steam.  I've heard lots of nonsense with folk say  one thing and another about it..

It is simply water vapour that may have a faint hint of fruit or whatever flavour - so unless you can smell the kettle boiling it is of little consequence. 

hey,  but  it looks big though - said the vicar to the choirboy 

1 minute ago, MrTee said:

E-cigarette  is only steam.  I've heard lots of nonsense with folk say  one thing and another about it..

It is simply water vapour that may have a faint hint of fruit or whatever flavour - so unless you can smell the kettle boiling it is of little consequence. 

hey,  but  it looks big though - said the vicar to the choirboy 

Its not water vapor!Its the same stuff that produces vape in a club or disco,dont know what its called in english.But its some chemical stuff thats used in many processed foods etc

what evs..  it is water vapour,  in that it is over 70% H2O. 
To satisfy the pedant in you it is 'mostly water,'  as you rightly point out similar to what you find in smoke machines at discos. 

Edited by MrTee

8 minutes ago, MrTee said:

To satisfy the pedant in you it is 'mostly water,'  as you rightly point out similar to what you find in smoke machines at discos. 

You wright, i am a pedant and you can be happy that english isnt my native language or i wont stop.555

Edited by nikotin

11 minutes ago, MrTee said:

The other 30% has nicotine glycerin, heavy metal particles and nanoparticles etc etc.

Maybe not that much healthier than cigs themselves.

Just sayin'

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The other 30% has nicotine glycerin, heavy metal particles and nanoparticles etc etc.

Just sayin'

Much healthier!(around a 1000 times as many studies have proofen already)Its even healthier than breathing in an office space.

Edited by nikotin

nonsense. 

you are obviously connected to the internet  - it cannot be that hard to research and allow your self to argue from a position of knowledge instead of a position of ignorance,  just sayin'  :) 

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Just sayin'

5 minutes ago, MrTee said:

nonsense. 

you are obviously connected to the internet  - it cannot be that hard to research and allow your self to argue from a position of knowledge instead of a position of ignorance,  just sayin'  :) 

Nah. I post via carrier pidgeon.

So, it's 70% water vapour, that leaves 30% of 'other stuff' if that expression suits better.

What I smoke contains nicotine tar carbon dioxide carbon monoxide etc etc, my choice to smoke.

Just don't claim the missing 30% of vaping doesn't contain anything. 

Just because it tastes of fruit doesn't mean it's got fruit in it.

The flavour is chemical and is produced by heat that can changes chemical properties in whatever makes the flavour.

Anyway the whole thing is about it being illegal in Thailand, not a lot we can do about that really.

Their country, their laws so we just got to go with the flow.

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Get up your nose clouds more like.

???

After seeing those 'clouds' it's very obvious why they are banned on planes.

there are to types of vapers:

1. MTL (mouth to lung vapers) who are just trying to find something as close as possible to a cigarette draw

to wean them off smokes. They use high resistance coils and low watts and fairly high nicotine liquids to

generate fairly wispy cigarette style smoke.

2. DTL (direct to lung vapers) who are just showoffs who want to blow huge clouds cos they think it's cool.

They use very low resistance coils, high wattage and low nicotine liquids and draw real hard straight into the lungs, to release 

copious amounts of vapers. These are the types who have explosive accidents from time to time,  mainly cause they dont understand ohm's law. They're also known as 'clouds bro' .

I recently went through one of the “MaSsive ClouDz” on my regular run (7km). Young man with a large vaping mod. Then there was the obligatory goon dangling a lit cigarette and arm out the side window of car, the fat men. (Puff Puff Puff, flick butt in he gutter, a burning missile). A decrepit woman in a wheelchair with what appears to be a diabetic foot-stump (puff puff puff, with whatever failing strength she has left) What is it about this vile practice that has such a strangle hold on people, and why can’t they do it in private like other drugs? Always pushing smoke, and vapor, on passersby.

The fact that you see vapers and vape paraphernalia sold openly at the same time it is called “ Illegal! 10 years jail” is just another paradox of Amazing Thailand. [emoji1242]

15 hours ago, fasteddie said:

It's not smoke it's vapour and dissipates rapidly.

It might only be vapour but it smells BAD.

I prefer the smell of normal cigarette's to the stench some of these vape oils produce.