Chong Sangam 90 day visa hop.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:00 PM, BritTim said:

Good price for paying with Thai baht, and just a quick in/out. Thank you for your feedback.

Your aware that price is the scam price by the Khmer Immigration at this crossing. The Canbodia Visa is officially 30 USD or about 990 baht. Just saying.

14 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Your aware that price is the scam price by the Khmer Immigration at this crossing. The Canbodia Visa is officially 30 USD or about 990 baht. Just saying.

Not sure it can be called a scam. The 1200 baht fee may be the official fee in baht that is based upon a old exchange rate of 40 baht to the dollar. There are other crossings that charge 1500 baht.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Yes, I am aware, and I always pay in US$. Are you aware that, officially according to Cambodian law, same day returns using a land crossing are not allowed? At most crossings, when paying in Thai baht, they will want 1,500 baht (or more if they can get it). Even when paying in US$, it may not be possible to avoid a 100-200 baht fee to be permitted same day return.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Yes, I am aware, and I always pay in US$. Are you aware that, officially according to Cambodian law, same day returns using a land crossing are not allowed? At most crossings, when paying in Thai baht, they will want 1,500 baht (or more if they can get it). Even when paying in US$, it may not be possible to avoid a 100-200 baht fee to be permitted same day return.

The crossing at Chong Sa Nagom  until about 18 months back was even up always 30 USD or the Thai equivalent in baht, no extra. Its only gone up market on the scam bit because the Khmer figured out what their counterparts at Chong Chome were doing. It was 1800 baht including the u turn until about 2 years back at this crossing. I have no proof but I would say 90% of those crossing over use baht at these two crossing.