Dolphin Swim Oasis Sea World

joinme2leave

wanted to give THIS a try:

Oasis Sea World

48/2 Moo 5,

PakNam, Laem Sing,

Chantaburi, 22130

is anybody here who's done that "swim with the dolphin" thing b4?

is it worth the money?

do you really HAVE to wear that life jacket?

are there any other (better) places around S-E asia where dolphin swim can be done?

Thanks for your inputs.

PS: entrance fees for thais are cheaper....another nice TIT

• 1 year later...

Yeah it was on thai visa forum somewhere, the sanctuary of truth in Pattaya, but its a porpoise or sea cow not a real dolphins.

Oasis is the only place in Thailand to swim with the dolphins. I think it is possible to try wild dolphin swim in Phuket, but it is rare to actually encounter them.

Any way... I've lived in laem sing for thre years. Oasis sea world is worth it for the money. Definately Thai style. The entrance fee is 180 baht for foreigners, 90 baht for Thai. The dolphin swim is 400 baht the same for thais or foreigners. Once you get in you are free to watch the dolphins shows as many times as you like. There is a quite good restaurant in the style of buffet tickets. Theres a few other things to do, a small aquarium and some gem stone and souvenir shops. The swimming with dolphins is the main reason most people come to Laem Sing, which actually has a really nice beach and quite a lot of other things to do.

So it is worth considering staying at least one night if you are planning to visit Oasis.

The only way to book the swim with dolphins in advance (in English) is on www.swimwithdolphinsthailand.com and pay using PAYPAL or bank transfer... other wise phone them directly on 039 499222.

:o

Been there and will definately go again!

Cheap entry, even for foreigners. Showing Thai driver's license give you even the Thai price.

Small children go in for free, zero, nada.

400 to swim with the dolphins (foreigners + thais) is definately worth every cent (or better every satang). It is like an hour long, the trainers make you having the nicest time with the animals. Our kid loved every second, they helped him perfectly. He prefers this over any other day out by far.

Also the food there is nice and oh so cheap.

Small negative comment: dolphin show / swim with the dolphins ... that's it, a little more side animation would make it into a full day out.

Do it joinme2leave! I guess JohnC will say the same after tomorrow.

Went there a couple of months ago. Had a fantastic day out with the family. Everything was as others have already said.

Just one word of caution - the trainers said that if my young daughter were to cry, then she would have to leave the pool as it upsets the dolphins. So be aware if you're taking a littl'un. Fortunately my daughter didn't and she loved the experience, but if she had cried, my wife or I would have lost our chance to swim with the dolphins as we'd have been taking care of her.

Try to book in advance as I got the impression there are lots of tours organised to the place and you wouldn't want to be disappointed.