Retirement visa 90 day reporting

I just got a retirement visa. An agent in Bangkok told me he can get my 90 day reporting done for me (for a fee of course). He said I don't need to give him my passport, as Immigration will produce a stamped slip of paper with the address notification and dates on - which I staple inside my passport. So no stamp in passport each 90 days, just a slip of paper.

Makes sense not to get the passport filled up with stamps if you're living here, but is it legit? Any help gratefully appreciated.

Syrius -

1. Even if you go in person, there is no stamp in passport for 90-day report, ever.

It is always, only, a slip of paper.

2. "Don't need to give him passport" strongly suggests the agent will use Internet to process your 90-day.

The web site for that is newly revised (I've not yet used it), and looks easy to do.

Since you already have Internet access, easy to do yourself.

ubonjoe said:

Online reporting is working again, Reports of Chaeng Wattana approving them within hours. 

Link for online reports. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Edited by RLAretired

It's legit for someone to make a report for you, but if they make the report at an immigration office they would need your passport unless they have some kind of 'special' arrangement.

There is no 90 day stamp (unless reporting late), just a paper receipt.