Bangkok taxi driver returns purse with $6,500 to Romanian tourist

webfact

Taxi driver returns purse with $6,500 to Romanian tourist

By The Nation

A taxi driver returned US$6,500 (Bt215,000) to a Romanian tourist shortly after she dropper her purse in his taxi on Monday morning.

The FM 91 radio station organised a meeting between the taxi driver, Sunthorn Ankhian, 46, and the tourist, Chirila Gabriela, 58, at the station at 1.30pm.

The taxi driver spotted the purse on the floor in front of the passenger’s back seat at 10.50am and called the radio station to locate and alert the tourist.

Sunthorn said he picked up the tourist from Suvarnabhumi International Airport at 9.50am and delivered her to the Royal Princess Hotel at Sanam Luang.

Sunthorn said he spotted the purse after drove a distance away from the hotel.

“I was excited to find that high amount of money … I felt sorry for the tourist. She would definitely be in trouble if she didn’t get it back,” the taxi driver said.

The tourist said she cried once she realised that she had lost her purse.

She said she called her husband but he calmed her down by saying that the taxi driver would return it because Thais are good.

She gave Sunthorn some money as a reward.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329399

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-16

Well this is an amazing story  and proves not all   cabbies in Bangkok are  AH.I must admit as of late I have just bad experiences  so much so that I have changed airlines  so that I can arrive at a reasonable time to use the sky train.The  taxi problem is out of control   maybe because  flag falls are to low?The 50 baht  surcharge  at the airport is  a total waste of money because  no protection is  shown  to the passenger once he or she is in the cab.

27 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Nice story.

What did he get as a reward? 100 baht?

From the report:

She gave Sunthorn some money as a reward.

"Some", now you know :biggrin:

Guess it was so little that the reporter was ashamed to write it.

4 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

havent had a good cabbie story for awhile now ,high season must be comming .

With $6,500 she must have been one of the late Ceaucescu's  illegitimate daughters, or a successful thief from any of the EU capitals. WHY DID EU EVER ADMIT THE EASTERNERS????

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

With $6,500 she must have been one of the late Ceaucescu's  illegitimate daughters, or a successful thief from any of the EU capitals. WHY DID EU EVER ADMIT THE EASTERNERS????

...because they tore down that masterpiece of cold war architecture named the Berlin Wall...!!!