Chiang Mai and Autism Spectrum Disorder

BeeDeeGee

Hello everyone!

Me, my husband, and 18 m/o are moving to Chiang Mai at the beginning of the year. Up until recently we’ve had no major setbacks with moving, however my son was just diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We are currently still in the USA and finding info online (about Autism, therapies, general info, etc.) has been a real challenge, which has put a spin on our plans.

I’ve found several good articles but nothing in depth like I want. I’ve also read about two centers in Chiang Mai known to help people with ASD. Has anyone had experience with these centers? Has anyone moved to Thailand with a child with special needs? If so, do you have any helpful advice?

Thanks!
-Birdy

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...

Hi,  I am a retired psythotherapist from california and  live in Chaingmai for 17 years .  I  operate a foundation called EACM; Educating Autistic Chiangmai foundation.   

We are non profit organization working with autistic children using neurofeedback and behavior therapy model.

I would love to learn more about your situation so I can be of help to you.  Please write to me  [email protected].