Thai Gov't Dodges Questions About Zuckerberg 'Meeting'

snoop1130

14 hours ago, cookieqw said:

politicians the world over always dodge questions they dont want to answer so i completely go along with him. he's trying to give thailand a new start with the adoption of his roadmap, nitpicking journalists are not a great concern. i remember the outcry against the paparazzi after diana's death, its all about the story you can get !  having said that i cant believe reporters did not know about weinstein..... well that was a bit of a rant

But  worthy

Could there be another country, a supposedly developed country, where the leader holds himself up to ridicule so much and where the public take such delight in watching it happen; to see those forehead furrows deepen and his hands twitch as if they've just been scratching his arse?

Thailand is already recognised as the place for people to look for idiotic behaviour on YouTube, etc. If this was my country, I think I'd run away . . . anywhere.

angry face.jpg

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Baerboxer said:

What on earth prompts these sort of announcements?

Tour de France, Formula 1 Grand Prix, Football World Cup - all coming to Thailand, er only not.

Now this.

Entertaining but also seems very odd. 

What prompts these announcements, these absurd lies? . . . they call it Pathological-lying-ism. Before long, it'll have sunk to Compulsive-lying-ism . . . that's when every single word he says will need to be questioned. Hang on a minute; he's climbed up to the 'compulsive' rung already. That must have taken some doing . . . what a man, our big-man-little-man. He demonstrates, here, how to look really . . . unbig, let's say.

800px-thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Ossy
clarity

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

What prompts these announcements, these absurd lies? . . . they call it Pathological-lying-ism. Before long, it'll have sunk to Compulsive-lying-ism . . . that's when every single word he says will need to be questioned. Hang on a minute; he's climbed up to the 'compulsive' rung already. That must have taken some doing . . . what a man, our big-man-little-man. He demonstrates, here, how to look really . . . unbig, let's say.

800px-thumbnail.jpg

agreed; it seems we have graduated from listening to half-truths to outright lies;

be interesting if there were a credible poll indicating the thai public's level of tolerance

9 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

agreed; it seems we have graduated from listening to half-truths to outright lies;

be interesting if there were a credible poll indicating the thai public's level of tolerance

There should be, like in most other civilised countries, where public opinion matters. I guess the junta would resort to claiming that POP's would be a waste of time, since Thais neither watch 'grown-up news' on TV nor read newspapers.

I guess we TVF posters will just have to organise one of our own. We could call it the TOLERANT vs INTOLERANT poll.

Hum - that was easy . . . I've cast my verdict and, would you believe it, the scores on the doors are TOLS 0 : INTOLS 1. Pretty damn damning, if you ask me . . . "Out . . . out . . . out . . . out and so on.

Any more polls, whilst we're at it? It's cool.

Give it another 2 weeks and there will be an announcement, that Zuckerberg was in Thailand for a secret meeting with Prayut and that he totally understood and agrees with the problems, Thailand has with facebook and that he will try to find a way to fix it, thanking the PM for his initiative.

...never to be heard of again...