CONVERTING SINGLE ENTRY TR VISA TO 90 DAY NON O TIME PERIOD

48 minutes ago, one baht said:

Thank you for your swift reply Elviajero .

If it is an office other than CW-Bangkok, please let us know how it goes.  At CW, they tend to do it by the book, but reports from the others can help folks who live in those areas know what to expect.

Was informed today at Chaiyaphum Immigration that money has to be in the bank book for 6 months before applying for NON O IMMIGRANT 90 DAY VISA,   Dressed in full attire today , very friendly and suggested I go to Vientiane , everything else okay ,thats about it, thought this could helpful .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, one baht said:

Was informed today at Chaiyaphum Immigration that money has to be in the bank book for 6 months before applying for NON O IMMIGRANT 90 DAY VISA,   Dressed in full attire today , very friendly and suggested I go to Vientiane , everything else okay ,thats about it, thought this could helpful .

To apply for the visa the funds only has to be in the bank on the date you apply. There certainly is no requirement for it to be in the bank for 6 months. 

Looking at another topic you did I thought you would be showing a stat dec from your embassy to prove your income.

Yes UbonJoe showed Stat Dec and combination with bank book is equivalent to 1.1 million baht, at 25.55 baht to the Australian dollar .The rate given to us by the officer.  l could do another Stat Dec to show a million baht by itself legitimately if you think that would do any good,  Another request was to show photos of the both of us in different rooms in her house, besides the photos standing  in front of her house showing the street number  . Officer made a few calls during the interview ,My girlfriend understood the calls were to Khon Kaen for clarificaton purposes . Like l said very friendly and seemed genuinely disappointed she couldn't help .

6 minutes ago, one baht said:

Yes UbonJoe showed Stat Dec and combination with bank book is equivalent to 1.1 million baht, at 25.55 baht to the Australian dollar .The rate given to us by the officer.  l could do another Stat Dec to show a million baht by itself legitimately if you think that would do any good,  Another request was to show photos of the both of us in different rooms in her house, besides the photos standing  in front of her house showing the street number  . Officer made a few calls during the interview ,My girlfriend understood the calls were to Khon Kaen for clarificaton purposes . Like l said very friendly and seemed genuinely disappointed she couldn't help .

The photos in and around the house are only needed if applying based upon marriage. Are you married?

Not sure where they came up with the 6 months perhaps confusion or a misunderstanding.

If you want to get a non-o outside the country based upon retirement Savannakhet would be a better choice than Vientiane since they want a medical certificate and a police clearance certificate, At Savannakhet your bank book and stat dec would be all you would need.

So as far as all Immigration offices being instructed they have to do the 'conversions' now, it appears Chaiyaphum is a cop out.

They either don't know how to do it, or don't want to do it.

Getting a Non Imm O Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate first makes their life so much easier.    :coffee1:

That's the third time in two weeks I've known Immigration say that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

So as far as all Immigration offices being instructed they have to do the 'conversions' now, it appears Chaiyaphum is a cop out.

They either don't know how to do it, or don't want to do it.

Getting a Non Imm O Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate first makes their life so much easier.    :coffee1:

That's the third time in two weeks I've known Immigration say that.

as i posted recently mataput said no to a conversion, but offered me a 30 day and then that could be followed by a 60 day Thai wife extension. told me to go to London or laos

• Like 1

The list of rogue offices refusing to process non-O conversions continues to grow - now Chaiyaphum in addition to Kanchanaburi (as reported on the thread below), Jomtien and Maptaput. No doubt there are others.

On 19/10/2017 at 10:06 PM, steve187 said:

the visa if granted would start on the day of applying, so you would lose any remaining time on the SETV

Can a SETV be converted to one year non immigrant from within Thailand.?  Looking at getting a work permit.

if NO, can it be done from a consulate in neighbouring country, or can it only be acquired from home country?

thanks.

14 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

Can a SETV be converted to one year non immigrant from within Thailand.?  Looking at getting a work permit.

if NO, can it be done from a consulate in neighbouring country, or can it only be acquired from home country?

thanks.

the only conversions available in Thailand are a single entry non 'O' ,.

for a work permit you would need a non imm 'B' or a non imm 'O' Thai wife.

getting a work permit should be the subject of a new thread

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DjSiN said:

If you and your employer qualify it is possible to change for a non immigrant visa (category B) entry at an immigration office.

You can apply for a single entry non-b visa at a nearby embassy or consulate after your employer applies for a work permit for you and you have a receipt for that application.

15 hours ago, one baht said:

Yes Tanoshi it is a nuisance ,  but in my 71st year now and l just keep smiling and have learned the way for the last 5 years ,so l dont get surprised anymore, cheers mate.

I have a friend in Buriram who basically cocked up and tried to re-enter the day after his 'enter before date' of his Non Imm O ME Visa.

He had planned to apply for an extension within the last 30 days of his last 90 day entry.

Instead he got a 30 day Visa exempt stamp.

He went to Buriram to enquire about doing a 'conversion' and was emphatically told 'No', you must get a Non Imm O Visa from Lao.

I told him to return with a completed TM87, TM7 and all the relevant documents with 2 copies of everything, tell them he'd been to Bangkok who told him what documents he needed, he must apply in Buriram and ask if they wanted to speak to Bangkok.

It's being processed at this current time...........so, it appears it can be done, but sometimes a little bit of bluff and persuasion is required.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I have a friend in Buriram who basically cocked up and tried to re-enter the day after his 'enter before date' of his Non Imm O ME Visa.

He had planned to apply for an extension within the last 30 days of his last 90 day entry.

Instead he got a 30 day Visa exempt stamp.

He went to Buriram to enquire about doing a 'conversion' and was emphatically told 'No', you must get a Non Imm O Visa from Lao.

I told him to return with a completed TM87, TM7 and all the relevant documents with 2 copies of everything, tell them he'd been to Bangkok who told him what documents he needed, he must apply in Buriram and ask if they wanted to speak to Bangkok.

It's being processed at this current time...........so, it appears it can be done, but sometimes a little bit of bluff and persuasion is required.

I considered this approach when I was denied a conversion on false-rule grounds - but decided a trip out of Thailand was worth the price of not being labeled a "trouble-maker" at the immigration-office where I may be doing business for years into the future. 

That said, I (secretly) cheer him for taking a stand.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you and your employer qualify it is possible to change for a non immigrant visa (category B) entry at an immigration office.

You can apply for a single entry non-b visa at a nearby embassy or consulate after your employer applies for a work permit for you and you have a receipt for that application.

Hi. I've been researching this whole process and I have to say, it's a little confusing. Your explanation clears it up a little, thank u. 

Would u recommend using one of the legal visa service companies to help with the entire process,? Given that they know what CAN & CAN't be done?

my gf and I are building a small boutique resort, the idea I had was to have her register the business asap. We've spent in excess of 4m bht so far including land and bungalows. 

Im thinking it would be safe to hire me as General Manager/business Consultant of the resort, which may fall under the Visa B EX category. But I'm really not sure. 

So so first step, register the bizz, then she applies for work permit to hire me?

then apply for the one year non B,  then I personally have to apply for work permit?