Crypto currency

chaingman

Can anyone suggest an Asian site where I can purchase bitcoins. From what I have gathered you need a confirmation by phone but I have to leave Thai tomorrow ( visa ran out, 3rd 30 day stay plus 1 ext.) then off to Cambodia, Malaysia, so new SIM cards are on the way.

Happy to here anyone’s ‘qualified’ thoughts on the subject also in regards to investment advice.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I use https://localbitcoins.com/.  Has worked just fine for me.  Even have been able to buy some of the more obscure cryptocurrencies from sellers.  Naysayers about being "late" to the party just haven't done their homework or looked at all the available cryptos out there; even though BTC hit $6,000 last week there is still room for growth with BTC - could hit double digits easily.  

8 hours ago, csabo said:

Where can an American buy here in Thailand? Seems they are blocked out for some reason. 

I heard that coins.co.th are still allowing US citizens.   I may be wrong but give them a try.

Bx.in.th or localbitcoins or BTCC (BTC China Hong Kong branch)

I have a couple of Korean accounts too - but for those you need to have a SIM from a local operator.

Use Shapeshift.io for conversions to other crypto currencies - cheaper than everything else. It's also built into the Exodus wallet.

22 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Afraid if you are thinking of getting on that band wagon.....you are a few dollars and smarts short of the deal......????

doesn't come close to answering the question...even after the op asked to keep the responses on topic...

On 10/23/2017 at 4:25 AM, kurtmartens said:

I use https://localbitcoins.com/.  Has worked just fine for me.  Even have been able to buy some of the more obscure cryptocurrencies from sellers.  Naysayers about being "late" to the party just haven't done their homework or looked at all the available cryptos out there; even though BTC hit $6,000 last week there is still room for growth with BTC - could hit double digits easily.  

Smart Man, i agree with you, i am making around 80% profit per year with an amazing fully transparent legally bonafide German company who are mining and trading for me.

Yes, I think there maybe some framework issues to sort out but it is here to stay. Fraud & hacking are my concerns

11 hours ago, chaingman said:

Yes, I think there maybe some framework issues to sort out but it is here to stay. Fraud & hacking are my concerns

BTC chain protocol has not been hacked for the 8 years it's been around - that's why its source is being used for forking altcoins. It's the safest coin out there from a technical perspective.

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2017 at 8:57 AM, csabo said:

Where can an American buy here in Thailand? Seems they are blocked out for some reason. 

Coins.co.th will sell you Bitcoins for Thai baht through an ATM, which you can then trade for other currencies elsewhere.

Archived