Be Aware Of Uob Thailand, My Account Was Drained Second Time In 6 Months

Last Sep some one stole all my money from my UOB Thailand account, over 200000, and finally the bank returned me in a few days, said some one make withdraw from ATM, apparently my card info was read and copied probably inside thief. But the bank would not tell me the details.

Again yesterday, my account was drained again for 100000 by some thief again. I strongly believe its inside thief again. The customer service is still checking for me, hope to get the money back, its so stessing that a bank has so many inside thieves. It happened to 2 times at the same bank in Thailand.

I will definitely cancel my account at UOB Thailand, if the thief did not steal big amount like this, I probably would not realized it. Just be aware of this UOB bank , when it was bank Asia never had this problem.

UOB Thailand is dangerous bank.

Last Sep some one stole all my money from my UOB Thailand account, over 200000, and finally the bank returned me in a few days, said some one make withdraw from ATM, apparently my card info was read and copied probably inside thief. But the bank would not tell me the details.

Again yesterday, my account was drained again for 100000 by some thief again. I strongly believe its inside thief again. The customer service is still checking for me, hope to get the money back, its so stessing that a bank has so many inside thieves. It happened to 2 times at the same bank in Thailand.

I will definitely cancel my account at UOB Thailand, if the thief did not steal big amount like this, I probably would not realized it. Just be aware of this UOB bank , when it was bank Asia never had this problem.

UOB Thailand is dangerous bank.

Are you using a plain ATM card or a Visa/MC debit card?

If a debit card you can not blame the bank, instead you need to be careful where you use it and who you will let have access to your card. If a restaurant waiter or sales clerk in a department store is allowed 30 seconds alone with your card out of your sight that is more than enough to swipe it through a skimmer for later duplication.

If a plain ATM card, sometimes you can't blame the bank for that either - there are plenty of gangs who attach a card skimmer outside the card slot on ATM machines. Watch out for anything that is not firmly attached to the ATM machine itself. If you come across one just walk away from the ATM and alert the bank. The person who attached the skimmer is most likely waiting within a few meters from the ATM.

This aside, yes, they were a nicer bank when they were under ABN Amro than now under UOB. More customer friendly etc etc

Last time was ATM debit, but never used besides ATM machines. Last time, the customer service told me someone stole my money by 5 transfers from ATM machines at Top supermarket at RCA, apparently card was copied somehow, they returened me the money after lots of checking and hassels, they cancelled this card.

I asked them can this be a inside thief, they cannot tell me, because I always looked at machines that look suspicious, but the UOB ATM at Tops RCA, look normal, and who would dare to install the reader in front of all the shoppers and store staff at a busy super market.

I paid for another regular ATM after that, not free, then I avoided the stand-alone ATM or ATM at dark alleys, but still happened to me again, the UOB ATM are dangerous and full of theif's readers or scanners, either insiders or outsiders, this never happened to me before when bank of Asia/ABM amro, and this never happened to me at my other account at Bangkok Bank. Only at UOB ATM in Thailand, After the first UOB incident, I always checked for anomaly at UOB ATM, but still happened to me.

I definitely think UOB thailand is either lousy terrible in scam prevention of their ATM machines or there are insiders doing it. Its so stressful waiting to see if the safest place to put your money can replace your money. I think in Thailand generally maybe better to put your money in a safe at your apartment.

Edited by the pleiadian