Australian deputy PM says he respects court decision that ruled him ineligible for parliament

webfact

14 hours ago, tigermoth said:

He is NOT a NZ citizen. He has one nationality, Australian. Get your facts right.

I think you need to get your facts right, the reason he was in court is because he is a New Zealand citizen which was confirmed 100% by the kiwi government.

A half baked Australian Court is it?  The information you have posted suggests you are not an Australian or even a New Zealander as you really have no idea.  Joyce held dual citizenship, hence his disqualification from holding a position in the Australian government.

He does not have to apply and receive approval for anything. He was born in Australia, therefore by birth is an Australian citizen.   Now here is the little bit that you have no idea about.  Under New Zealand law, children born to a New Zealand citizens automatically obtain citizenship.  It does not have to be activated or applied for. I'd suggest you check your facts before posting.

Given his dad was a New Zealander, this is the law that applies.   He obtained it by decent. therefore by holding dual citizenship he has breached section 44 of the constitution and is ineligible to sit in the Australian Parliament. Nothing to do with I.Q's and seeing what you wrote is completely fictitious, I cannot see how your IQ would help us Aussies in anyway.  Oh by the way,  who are we and when did us Aussies seek your help?:wai:

And Joyce knew all this! But he never resigned when he got found out as others did! A coward kept in Parliament because Turnbull wanted his majority to win votes, which in turn he won illegally as it has turned out !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, shanesox said:

And Joyce knew all this! But he never resigned when he got found out as others did! A coward kept in Parliament because Turnbull wanted his majority to win votes, which in turn he won illegally as it has turned out !

It appears you know more about the man than I do.  If I might ask, why do you class him as a coward?:wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

I can understand the Australian Parliamentary rules that require a member to be an Australian Citizen. I think a shame in this modern world they do not allow dual.

I prefer the NZ system which requires you to be an NZ Citizen but you can be dual. All elected Members are required to swear allegiance to New Zealand.

Well, let's hope the first of the 'uncharted legal waters' 100+ challenges, is the the idiotic 'pork barreling' of the Canberra public servants $26+ million forced move of the APVMA department to his electorate.

Only 11 of 216 staff accepted the move with no option than to resign or apply within other departments. But no worries for him, he's not moving his family out of their homes and schools, nor did he, when he went to Canberra! and explaining away the cost of the move as the same as building the fence around Parliament House. How can he be taken seriously.

Can't see Turnbull visiting the offices in Armidale whilst he's holding the portfolio either.

Interesting days ahead.

5 hours ago, shanesox said:

For not resigning when he KNEW he was breaking law! Interesting the Gov never revealed the full opinion of the Solicitor General before the High court decision!

I would have thought they were playing politics, isn't that the name of the game?  I heard that he had sought legal advice and apparently that indicated he was right to stand his ground, then, like 6 others, who had also obtained legal advice, he elected to have the matter determined by the court.

A bit like someone being charged with a criminal offence. They have the right to have their matter determined by a court, the same as Joyce chose but by God hasn't this created chaos.  Very poor leadership by the Turnbull brigade.:wai:

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

I would have thought they were playing politics, isn't that the name of the game?  I heard that he had sought legal advice and apparently that indicated he was right to stand his ground, then, like 6 others, who had also obtained legal advice, he elected to have the matter determined by the court.

A bit like someone being charged with a criminal offence. They have the right to have their matter determined by a court, the same as Joyce chose but by God hasn't this created chaos.  Very poor leadership by the Turnbull brigade.:wai:

Turnbull would have demanded he stand his ground so they could maintain the balance of power in the Senate and avoid a possible no confidence motion by labour.  That is why he probably wasn't sent to the back bench.  Anyway it appears they have a fight on their hands as polls show Joyce has slipped in popularity in his seat with the by election in December and the Queensland Government (labour) has moved the state election forward to November.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Turnbull would have demanded he stand his ground so they could maintain the balance of power in the Senate and avoid a possible no confidence motion by labour.  That is why he probably wasn't sent to the back bench.  Anyway it appears they have a fight on their hands as polls show Joyce has slipped in popularity in his seat with the by election in December and the Queensland Government (labour) has moved the state election forward to November.

Small correction, it's the lower house, not the senate.

I'm a little out of touch here, could you please explain (!) who might possibly take his New England seat? I understand Windsor is not running and the fascists aren't fielding a candidate.

From where I am looking it seems to be a lay down misere that the Tamworth rednecks will put this idiot back in.

How will the Qld election sway this by election?

13 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Many millions of taxpayers money spent on High Court costs to have him tossed out....and many millions of taxpayers money spent on a by-election to bring him back again.

This Is Australia.

It's a wealthy country that can afford it, and a democratic and law-abiding one that thinks it worth the trouble.

59 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Accordingly to last night’s 60 Minutes program the “wealthy” country (as a whole) is experiencing a serious power crisis.

Not that good for a country so wealthy :)

Indeed. The continuing long-term incompetence of State governments in Oz in this area is quite startling. But has nothing to do with being wealthy or not. [If wealth=well-run, then Thailand would be a very well-run country.]

1 hour ago, Gregster said:

Accordingly to last night’s 60 Minutes program the “wealthy” country (as a whole) is experiencing a serious power crisis.

Not that good for a country so wealthy :)

And all this is thanks to government policies relating to the production and supply of electricity.  Instead of closing down and even blowing up their coal fired power stations, they are, instead of rebuilding, setting up ridiculously high clean energy targets and huge subsidies on wind and solar power. Yes, were were once the Lucky Country and very wealthy but not anymore, given how these so called politicians are selling out the country from beneath us.

These clowns, including Joyce, should be in the dock, not for being elected illegally but for neglecting their citizens and causing the world's highest electricity costs, that many thousands cannot afford to pay. It is evident that they only care about themselves, hence the so called concern they are just starting to express.  Funny, who would have that that an election is only about 12 months away.:wai:

Edited by Si Thea01