UPS Batteries

wombat099

Does anyone know where I can buy good replacement batteries for my 2 UPS's. I have to replace the batteries every 16 months. And the batteries from Amorn are now 670bt and have only a 1 year warranty.

I know that I can do some research and probably replace the UPS's but maybe someone has ideas. Both are Sydome.

Wombat Lifetime Member

Lazada has several suppliers.

You only need to match the volts and Amp Hours

(you can go bigger on the AHs if it will physically fit)

Quite often the charger section fails, in which case a new battery won't fix the problem.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Lazada has several suppliers.
You only need to match the volts and Amp Hours
(you can go bigger on the AHs if it will physically fit)

Quite often the charger section fails, in which case a new battery won't fix the problem.

Thanks. The batteries do/ and hold a charge for over 1 year. Then they slowly start to hold less charge until they stop holding a charge altogether.

In most UPS the batteries are good for a lot longer than 16 months. Maybe you should look for good quality instead of cheap price. I remember Amorn has (at least had) batteries from different manufacturers. I always bought the Japanese batteries and they were good for several years.

• 2 weeks later...
In most UPS the batteries are good for a lot longer than 16 months. Maybe you should look for good quality instead of cheap price. I remember Amorn has (at least had) batteries from different manufacturers. I always bought the Japanese batteries and they were good for several years.

I've seen 'original' Syndome batteries online. Next time I'll get a battery with higher amps. 8 or 9 A, they are available.

Wombat Lifetime Member

13 hours ago, wombat099 said:

I've seen 'original' Syndome batteries online. Next time I'll get a battery with higher amps. 8 or 9 A, they are available.

Wombat Lifetime Member

Be careful that the dimensions of the higher amp batteries may be too big for the UPS case.

Be careful that the dimensions of the higher amp batteries may be too big for the UPS case.

Thanks. I know one of the technicians working at amorn and he told me that they have them. I haven't been there to check it out. But this guy has been working there for a very long time.

Wombat Lifetime Member