Community Bulletin Boards

Looking for a second Thai house/condo to rent (1 yr +) on Samui. I could use an agent but would rather cut out the middleman. Are there gathering places with community bulletin boards or some local paper with classifieds? Most property online is short-term and Samui is just too big to rely on driving up and down the Sois looking for signs. Or is there a really helpful agent?

Thanks

Respectfully, this site is a community bulletin board. And I would recommend looking through some of the older threads as you are certainly not the first person to be looking for a house here.

I would recommend that you lay out a bit more information if you hope to receive assistance.

Price range?

Beach front or hills? In between?

General location? Town?

Tourist area?

'Urban area' or more isolated?

Etc.? There more info you give, the better the responses will be.

There are kind people who either know of houses or that will guide you to other information, but the best step is for you to lay out a bit what you are looking for (NOT personal info!).

Good luck!

Edited by Samui Bodoh

23 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Respectfully, this site is a community bulletin board. And I would recommend looking through some of the older threads as you are certainly not the first person to be looking for a house here.

I would recommend that you lay out a bit more information if you hope to receive assistance.

Price range?

Beach front or hills? In between?

General location? Town?

Tourist area?

'Urban area' or more isolated?

Etc.? There more info you give, the better the responses will be. 

There are kind people who either know of houses or that will guide you to other information, but the best step is for you to lay out a bit what you are looking for (NOT personal info!).

Good luck!

Thanks. We're looking for a house or maybe condo in the NE so we're close to shopping. 2 bdrm, 2 bth. Pool is a must, but view not as important. Also something clean, quiet, attractive, w privacy. Shaded parking also a big plus. Have seen some good prospects on agent websites, but I'm hoping some p2p deals might be better.

Will be there in a couple of weeks to look at properties.  Cheers.

22 hours ago, Manassas said:

Thanks. We're looking for a house or maybe condo in the NE so we're close to shopping. 2 bdrm, 2 bth. Pool is a must, but view not as important. Also something clean, quiet, attractive, w privacy. Shaded parking also a big plus. Have seen some good prospects on agent websites, but I'm hoping some p2p deals might be better.

Will be there in a couple of weeks to look at properties.  Cheers.

Well, that is better than before, but... You might want to add a price range.

I assume that when you say NE, you mean Mae Nam and/or Bang Po? If so, good choice IMO.

I can't help, but perhaps another member might come along. However, I would plan on doing some driving through the Sois to find your new place.

Good luck.

22 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Well, that is better than before, but... You might want to add a price range.

I assume that when you say NE, you mean Mae Nam and/or Bang Po? If so, good choice IMO.

I can't help, but perhaps another member might come along. However, I would plan on doing some driving through the Sois to find your new place.

Good luck.

Surely NE would be Bangrak or Cheungmon.  Bang Po is right to the West.