Induction cooktop

Bang Bang

As gas is regulated most places and always a potential danger do not believe first cooking needs to be done with that source.  As he has not been a cook expect pots and pans are not a concern so induction would be a very good choice (just remember to buy pans that will attract a magnet).  This is actually heating the items in the pans rather than the room and should be a lot safer for a new cook.

I switched to induction and love it. You can heat things very fast, while electric takes forever waiting for the heating plate to get hot. The only thing I don't like is the induction seems to be regulated "on" or "off". So, if the setting is on low then you see the sauce boil, then stop, boil, then stop, as the switch turns on and off.

16 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

I switched to induction and love it. You can heat things very fast, while electric takes forever waiting for the heating plate to get hot. The only thing I don't like is the induction seems to be regulated "on" or "off". So, if the setting is on low then you see the sauce boil, then stop, boil, then stop, as the switch turns on and off.

how could this possibly be good?