US Embassy Outreach Program for Pattaya 2018

Thaigreg

I received an email about the upcoming Outreach Program on 1 Nov.  There was a link in the email for the Outreach schedule.  Below is a copy of the schedule and there is only one scheduled stop in Pattaya in June 2018.  I also called the Embassy about this and was told there is only the one scheduled Program for Pattaya in 2018.

Dear American Citizens,

The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of upcoming Consular Outreach visits to several locations across Thailand on the following dates:

SCHEDULE

• PATTAYA: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
  • KHON KAEN: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
  • PHUKET: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
  • UDON THANI: March 2018
  • PHUKET: March 2018
  • PATTAYA: June 2018
  • KHON KAEN: July 2018
  • PHUKET: July 2018
  • UDON THANI: November 2018
  • PHUKET: November 2018

I went to the Embassy yesterday like an hour and a half early (0830). Luckily they started early around 0915 and I was done by 1000. When I left I noticed the room was full to capacity and the line was backed up down the staircase to the lower floor. Just wondering if they were done by 1200 even starting an  hour early. Shame they only come once a year now with so many people needing this service. Also why cant they bring a Visa MasterCard machine with them. They are able to do at 35,000 ft. in  the air on airplanes so should be able to  do in  Pattaya.  I renewed my passport and instead of paying $110 it cost me $116 because of there 35:1 exchange rate. Oh well, they are here to help us citizens. :smile:

2 hours ago, willyumcr said:

I went to the Embassy yesterday

I thought this thread was about the Outreach ?

2 hours ago, willyumcr said:

Also why cant they bring a Visa MasterCard machine with them. They are able to do at 35,000 ft. in  the air on airplanes so should be able to  do in  Pattaya.

Because they have to pay for the machine and service and unlike airlines they are not selling Duty Free to cover the costs 

59 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

I thought this thread was about the Outreach ?

Because they have to pay for the machine and service and unlike airlines they are not selling Duty Free to cover the costs 

He meant Outreach at the Dusit Thani but his point is valid on not accepting cc. CC are accepted at the Embassy in Bangkok and it is a major aggravation to get the cashier's check at their selected banks. I would gladly pay a service charge for cc convenience. 

CC machines that are hard wired, like at the Embassy, are much cheaper. Roaming, like with cell phones, is much more expensive

And with the reduced State Department Budget, Outreach is probably being looked at very closely. It costs a lot of per diem money to travel around Thailand and very few Embassies provide it for their citizens due to the expense

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

He meant Outreach at the Dusit Thani but his point is valid on not accepting cc. CC are accepted at the Embassy in Bangkok and it is a major aggravation to get the cashier's check at their selected banks. I would gladly pay a service charge for cc convenience. 

Thanks for clarifying ThaiBob. I am sure most of the members understood my post.