Live music bars, Chaweng or Lamai?

I'll be spending a week or two in Chaweng at the end of November. I like to have the odd night sipping beers listening to live music bands; you know, the ones that play everything from Santana to Shakira to Nirvana. I've not managed to find a decent venue in recent years. They used to have bands upstairs at Tropical Murphys a few years back, but that seems to have stopped.

Any ideas?

There used to be a live band playing in the pub at the corner to Soi Green Mango, and I've also seen (and heard) a quite good live band in the newly opened Hard Rock Cafe, another 50-100 meter down the Beach Road.

One of the bands that used to play at Tropical Murphys was Ovada Show Band, and if I'm not too outdated, they are still playing in the Irish pub "Shamrock" in Lamai. And also opposite the Lamai Boxing Stadium bar square, in the Australian restaurant at the corner, use to be a quite good cover band, with the girl playing bass as singer.

I've heard that Raggae Pub has stopped with live bands; however, it's quite a while since I've been there myself, so that is second hand knowledge.

:smile:

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

There used to be a live band playing in the pub at the corner to Soi Green Mango, and I've also seen (and heard) a quite good live band in the newly opened Hard Rock Cafe, another 50-100 meter down the Beach Road.

One of the bands that used to play at Tropical Murphys was Ovada Show Band, and if I'm not too outdated, they are still playing in the Irish pub "Shamrock" in Lamai. And also opposite the Lamai Boxing Stadium bar square, in the Australian restaurant at the corner, use to be a quite good cover band, with the girl playing bass as singer.

I've heard that Raggae Pub has stopped with live bands; however, it's quite a while since I've been there myself, so that is second hand knowledge.

:smile:

Thanks KhunPer, some useful info there. And you're right about Reggae.  Last few times I've been there there were no live bands.

Had heard good things about the Shamrock.  Will need to check it out!

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, PoorSucker said:

Penny Lane, end of a soi in green mango area has live music every Friday.. 

Go the soi up from hooters/hard rock, turn left at Moby Dick. 

Hooters. I remember ages ago hearing that one was going to open but never heard anything about it again so never thought about it. Any good?

Archived