How early can I get an income affidavit from the embassy before my visa extension is due

22 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

I think like most every immigration rule it depends on the province. My understanding is that in Bangkok it can be no more than a week old.

It is 6 months nationwide. Immigration sent out a directive about it a few years ago.

Not sure where you heard 7 days for Bangkok. Perhaps confusion with bank letters at some offices.

• Like 1

...Attention Americans in Pattaya...I went to the excellent US Embassy website today to suss out the Outreach Dates in Pattaya. In past years, they usually hold one in February or March. Not this year! The Outreach Road Show will show up in Pattaya again in JUNE 2018!

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/?_ga=2.216585046.1391103632.1509612411-1073870965.1509612411

18 minutes ago, burgdawg said:

.Attention Americans in Pattaya...I went to the excellent US Embassy website today to suss out the Outreach Dates in Pattaya. In past years, they usually hold one in February or March. Not this year! The Outreach Road Show will show up in Pattaya again in JUNE 2018!

They state the reason for the only once a year outreach on the website. I tend to agree with them.

Additionally, we are glad to announce that we will also come to Pattaya in June 2018.  In light of the proximity of Pattaya to Bangkok, and competing demands on our limited resources, we have decided to decrease the frequency of visits.  However, we do plan to inaugurate periodic afternoon hours at the ACS Section at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok so that you can visit us and return to Pattaya on the same day if desired.   We will advertise the dates with extended hours soon.

Source: https://th.usembassy.gov/consular-outreach-pattaya-110117/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Gross. I used letters from my pension and social security

Grumpy  Duck: what do you mean by "used letters from pension and social security" ?

Do you mean immigration accepted those letters as sufficient proofs...  and you didn't have to get an  affidavit notarized by  US consular service ?

I would be very grateful if you would elaborate.

I was checking earlier  my pension website, and discovered  that they will even give  a verification of income "personalized" if so desired: that means that they will address it (on paper),  to whatever entity requesting it.

Thanks to all those who answered my inquiry.

15 minutes ago, bttao said:

Do you mean immigration accepted those letters as sufficient proofs...  and you didn't have to get an  affidavit notarized by  US consular service ?

No he does not mean that.. A income affidavit would still be needed at immigration. He may of had them for back proof of the affidavit if asked for.

18 hours ago, bttao said:

Grumpy  Duck: what do you mean by "used letters from pension and social security" ?

I would be very grateful if you would elaborate.

I was checking earlier  my pension website, and discovered  that they will even give  a verification of income "personalized" if so desired: that means that they will address it (on paper),  to whatever entity requesting it.

Thanks to all those who answered my inquiry.

It is ฿65,000 gross a year. They accepted my letters of income along with the $50 notarized statement from the US Consulate in Bangkok. In fact barely even looked at them. 

One award letter from Social Security showing $xxxx income a month

One award letter from my Union Pension Office Showing $xxxx income per month. Monthly income letters accompanied by the notary letter were accepted in lieu of any bank statements. I hope this is adequate clarification 

Edited by Grumpy Duck
Erm

3 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

It is ฿65,000 gross a year. They accepted my letters of income along with the $50 notarized statement from the US Consulate in Bangkok. In fact barely even looked at them. 

One award letter from my Union Pension Office Showing $xxxx income per month. Monthly income letters accompanied by the notary letter were accepted in lieu of any bank statements. I hope this is adequate clarification 

Thanks to you and ubonjoe for the clarification... I think I got it now:

the 2 letters could be helpful if there is any doubt in the mind of the immigration agent... .

So one still has to pay $50 for the affidavit, and another $50 to have it notarized by the US consulate.

What the heck! what is   ฿3,300 when all of the sudden you're swimming in millions of  ฿ ...?

Edited by bttao

11 minutes ago, bttao said:

So one still has to pay $50 for the affidavit, and another $50 to have it notarized by the US consulate.

What the heck! what is   ฿3,300 when all of the sudden you're swimming in millions of  ฿ ...?

You pay nothing to get the blank affidavit you complete.

You only pay the $50 or 1750 baht for the consular officer to notarize it.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You pay nothing to get the blank affidavit you complete.

You only pay the $50 or 1750 baht for the consular officer to notarize it.

Thanks ubonjoe ,

I goofed, I guess... I thought the "certified copy" referred to the Affidavit:

• Notarial (per notarial seal):  $50
  • Certified Copy:    $50

11 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

It is ฿65,000 gross a month.  They accepted my letters of income along with the $50 notarized statement from the US Consulate in Bangkok. In fact barely even looked at them.