Foam Infill Strips for Roof (Girders)?

CaptainSplod

Hi,

Anyone know where I can buy (or order online, maybe) Foam Infill Strips for Roof Girders?

We get a lot of small birds wanting to make nests in the girders of our carport UNDER the roof. I reckoned it would be a good idea to fill the cavity spaces with Infill Foam Strips - but they don't seem to be available around here.

Something like this is what I'm looking for -

Thanks

Foam.jpg

Carport or garage ?

Covering eave entry to a carport is un-beneficial.

An enclosed garage OK,  these eave foam fillers can be sourced from a roof supplier.

If no roof supplier is near you can buy foam and get them made if you cannot make them yourself.

Carport or garage ?
Covering eave entry to a carport is un-beneficial.
An enclosed garage OK,  these eave foam fillers can be sourced from a roof supplier.
If no roof supplier is near you can buy foam and get them made if you cannot make them yourself.
You can find them, again hidden in boxes, so you have to know what you're looking for as the store people won't. They are called 'peen kan nok grajok'. A sheet of window for the birds.

If you can't buy them go to your roof fabricators, draw a pic. with accurate spacing, and they will cut a sheet of colourbond or colored metal to fit. I could buy the ones for the CPAC tiles but not where the house meats the veranda 3 m overhang, so the fabricating place made them. Cut the metal like waves to fit under the tiles, then down to a right angle to fit under the veranda tiles...lots of screws and silicon.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Also these tiny birds get in anywhere, so any gap that is not filled with the bird windows will need to be sealed.

My next next job. They also like to come out of their tiny cubby holes and roost on any hanging coaxial cable etc and crap everywhere. I'm going to wrap some barbed wire around their roosting places, and buy some wooden Owles on my next trip; hear they scare the birds away.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk