Today I renewed my 5 Year Thai DL (have Yellow Book) for additional 5 Years in Cha-am

PaulHamon

FYI: Maybe it'll help someone, this happened on 6/11/2017 at Cha-am Department of Transport.

So I renewed my 5 year car Thai Driving License today for another 5 years.

They would not take my Yellow Family Book (as it was made/dated more than 1 year ago), so I had to visit the Tessaban (mile marker 184) around the corner, where they printed me out the attached document for 10 Baht.

The Tessaban didn't understand why I needed the document but they where nice enough to print it anyway. Saved me a trip to Immigration in Tha Yang and any overpriced piece of paper, I live in Cha-am.

I arrived at 8:30am and including my side visit the the Tessaban I have me new license in my hands by 11:50am. I spent 30 minutes watching an educational movie about driving which seamed to focus on fines and number of passengers in different types of cars.

My DL was 560 Baht for 5 years, photocopying was 30 Baht, letter from Tessaban was 10 Baht

No dress code, all the paperwork was a outlined beforehand and didn't need the 80B medical certificate.

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/one-year-license/IN CASE OF FOREIGNER RENEW FIVE-YEARS THAI DRIVING LICENCE

HAVE TO PREPARE THE DOCUMENTS AS FOLLOW

1 ORIGINAL FIVE-YEARS THAI DRIVING LICENCE
2 PASSPORT WITH NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY)
3 ORIGINAL PRESENT RESIDENT ADDRESS IN THAILAND CERTIFY FROM EMBASSY / IMMIGRATION BUREAU (VALID FOR 1 YEAR) OR WORK PERMIT WITH ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY

(3) was replaced by the Yellow book and letter from the Tessaban - 10 Baht.

yellow-book-recent.jpg

• 1 month later...