Is Soi Siam Country Club still a battle zone?

marinediscoking

Yes, but it seem after 3 years it might be coming to a end in a few months.  No doubt when you look at the history and present the Nonprue Muni if they are the one in charge has no idea how to fix the problem.  They are putting in drains up and down but where is the water going?

I've seen in certain sections they putting in PCV pipes and diverting the water from the drains into empty land that is the solution to them.

in the 15 y i'm here , it was constantly broken up , souring is the big problem .

They just dont understand that water is not flowing up !

Souring was always full of sand ,so they put the inlets 10 cm higher than street level,and  yes it worked ,no sand and water could go in . 

Some times the road was finished and trafic running ,but 2 weeks later they dug it up again ........etc

AFAIK, the Nongprue bit is the new, wide and totally usable bit to the east of the market that was finished ages ago. The bit that's buggered is under Pattaya City administration and thereby hangs a tale. The fact that there's a significant subterranean aquifer around the dog-leg where the market is is merely an unfortunate coincidence... but somebody will have to address it eventually.

There is still the one section to finish. We are told that the contractors have promised to complete this section by early December. The manager of the new supermarket is also under this impression as the continuing roadwork's are really affecting his number of customers, as people divert off SCC and miss that store - also the new  petrol station.

Living by the lake it's been hell for the last 2/3 years - particularly when it's been raining and the 'diversions' have been mud baths but there might be light at the end of the tunnel at last.

However, I now notice a 'diversion' around the first bridge on the lake road is being constructed. It looks like a pretty hazardous diversion, particularly as its right after the bend off SCC road. Why oh why didn't they replace this bridge at the same time as when they did the other two earlier this year???

16 hours ago, emilymat said:

However, I now notice a 'diversion' around the first bridge on the lake road is being constructed. It looks like a pretty hazardous diversion, particularly as its right after the bend off SCC road. Why oh why didn't they replace this bridge at the same time as when they did the other two earlier this year???

@emilymat is this the last / first bridge by the crossroads at the Seven Eleven (By the big house) ? 

I noticed at the weekend that there was some excavation equipment lakeside of this bridge and wondered if this meant replacement.

I'm not there weekdays so not seen what went on, my house is just 400m from this bridge :(

On 11/8/2017 at 11:53 PM, NanLaew said:

AFAIK, the Nongprue bit is the new, wide and totally usable bit to the east of the market that was finished ages ago. The bit that's buggered is under Pattaya City administration and thereby hangs a tale. The fact that there's a significant subterranean aquifer around the dog-leg where the market is is merely an unfortunate coincidence... but somebody will have to address it eventually.

"a significant subterranean aquifer around the dog-leg "

Well I guess that's why it's taking so long , City Hall doesn't have a Thesaurus    :shock1:

21 hours ago, Mattd said:

@emilymat is this the last / first bridge by the crossroads at the Seven Eleven (By the big house) ? 

I noticed at the weekend that there was some excavation equipment lakeside of this bridge and wondered if this meant replacement.

I'm not there weekdays so not seen what went on, my house is just 400m from this bridge :(

Yes. The first bridge when you swing left off SCC road at 7/11. Why it needs re-building I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 9:19 AM, emilymat said:

Yes. The first bridge when you swing left off SCC road at 7/11. Why it needs re-building I have no idea.

Work started on this bridge on Saturday and the detour is now in place, for those that travel in this area, then my advice is to avoid this if at all possible, as the detour is not pretty and potentially dangerous, just a bit of loose dirt thrown in to try and lessen the incline / decline, with a couple of concrete pipes to divert the water flow under this, going to be fun when it rains, that is for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in 3 years I managed to drive from one end of SCC road to the other with no diversions. OK, it was done on motorbike but could almost have been done in a car with a couple of small diversions, where they were finishing off the manhole covers. Red letter day!.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, Mattd said:

Work started on this bridge on Saturday and the detour is now in place, for those that travel in this area, then my advice is to avoid this if at all possible, as the detour is not pretty and potentially dangerous, just a bit of loose dirt thrown in to try and lessen the incline / decline, with a couple of concrete pipes to divert the water flow under this, going to be fun when it rains, that is for sure.

I heard on 103 FM earlier that apparently this bit of road is now in such a state that most cars/trucks risk bottoming their "engines" with resultant damage and should be avoided if possible?

13 hours ago, topt said:

I heard on 103 FM earlier that apparently this bit of road is now in such a state that most cars/trucks risk bottoming their "engines" with resultant damage and should be avoided if possible?

I have not even attempted to drive through this diversion to be honest, so difficult to accurately comment, however, I can imagine that there is that possibility.

The diversion is in place whilst they replace the bridge and takes vehicles from the road down towards the lake and there is a considerable difference in height between the road and where the diversion goes, hence there is quite a steep incline / decline on the way in and out of the diversion, which could get tricky as you enter the hard core of the road again.

If it rains, then there is every chance of getting stuck trying to get out, the diversion is only wide enough for one vehicle at a time and does get a lot of heavy traffic through it.

You can avoid this diversion by using the small road next to the Tesco Lotus, which is how I go, no idea why they didn't just use this instead of the diversion.

• 1 month later...
For the first time in 3 years I managed to drive from one end of SCC road to the other with no diversions. OK, it was done on motorbike but could almost have been done in a car with a couple of small diversions, where they were finishing off the manhole covers. Red letter day!.
Its all driveable by car now

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app