Video: Millions view shocking school violence as teacher appears to attack student

webfact

22 minutes ago, Yme said:

Ahahaha. #FakeNews

Not what it appears to be at all.

‘Teacher Beating a Student Video’ Goes Viral in Thailand – But It’s Fake News (video)

https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#axzz4wmc5RCH8

From the link:

"...Similarly, on one online English-language expat forum renowned for its bar stool legal expertise, armchair online crime scene investigators, and hanging juries, the outrage and criticism has been equally fierce, the topic billed as ‘Millions view shocking school violence as teacher appears to attack student’..." lol

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Yme said:

Ahahaha. #FakeNews

‘Teacher Beating a Student Video’ Goes Viral in Thailand – But It’s Fake News (video)

https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#axzz4wmc5RCH8

My post #97 was close. I deserve an apple.:wink:

Thai education is not about teaching the pupils and students but about training the population to become peasants that will do whatever a military general running the country or other elitists tell them to. Feudalism is created through education system - and sadly it works

1 hour ago, Yme said:

Ahahaha. #FakeNews

Here is their two cents about TV. It's hilarious! 

"Similarly, on one online English-language expat forum renowned for its bar stool legal expertise, armchair online crime scene investigators, and ‘hanging-em high’ juries, the outrage and criticism has been equally fierce, the topic billed as ‘Millions view shocking school violence as teacher appears to attack student". Hahaha. The truth right there! 

13 hours ago, DM07 said:

Waiting for the first comment, that "the brat probably deserved it" and "teachers used to beat us to a pulp regularly and it didn't harm me...back in the days, when men were still men..."

:coffee1:

Edited by TunnelRat69
deleted

Viewed more than six million times in less than 23 hours of posting on the Thai Facebook page ‘Shotded’ with the caption ‘can teacher do this??’ written in Thai, the ‘teacher beating a student’ video has elicited more than 6,000 comments from Thais, been shared more 13,000 times and elicited some 17,000 reactions.

Read more: 'Teacher Beating a Student Video' Goes Viral in Thailand - But It's Fake News https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#ixzz4xxOrxZIY 
Please copy and share within the spirit of fair use. We protect our copyrights. Citation link required back to source material.  
Follow us: @aecnewstoday on Twitter

did not one Thai realise they were not speaking Thai ???

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Violence is not discipline.

It is very easy to keep children focused, all it takes is to ensure your planning takes in the needs and abilities of the children.

I've taught over 25 years and have never struck a child.

That depends on many variables. 

Are you teaching 40 boys in high school with no assistant teacher as is usually the case in Thailand . 

Or are you teaching lovely kindergarten or grade 1 to grade 6 mixed class with an assistant teacher. 

Are you a home room teacher stuck in the class all day with 40 teenage boys with a few breaks for extra curricular activities? 

Or are you a subject teacher moving from class to class with few responsibilities?

What amuses me is foreign teachers go to class all smiles and fun, when the kids get out of control they expect the Thai teachers to sort it out for them. 

13 hours ago, Zikomat said:

We don't know all the details. We don't know about the circumstances. A man beating another person is not automatically proved guilty. Sometimes even one man killing another is found not guilty. Have you ever heard of something like this? Again and again - I don't claim that the teacher was right (most probably he was not). But I am also not ready to accuse him of crime WITHOUT additional information regarding the case.

I totally agree sir  Two sides to every story.

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Human I am.

A human who would assault a child I am not.

I think what it all comes down to the Thai education system that has created this situation  God knows how far it will go I guess one day there will be a homicide at one of these schools where a teacher will completely loose control and take matters in their own hands like you do in america

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

That depends on many variables. 

Are you teaching 40 boys in high school with no assistant teacher as is usually the case in Thailand . 

Or are you teaching lovely kindergarten or grade 1 to grade 6 mixed class with an assistant teacher. 

Are you a home room teacher stuck in the class all day with 40 teenage boys with a few breaks for extra curricular activities? 

Or are you a subject teacher moving from class to class with few responsibilities?

What amuses me is foreign teachers go to class all smiles and fun, when the kids get out of control they expect the Thai teachers to sort it out for them. 

I have taught all over the uk and the world. 

I have taught in areas areas where it was compulsory that I had an attack alarm around my neck (uk). 

I have taught classes of various various sizes up to 35. 

I have worked with teenagers undergoing community service sentences. 

I have worked with special and challenging needs adults and children.

I have worked for salary and as a volunteer. 

Never have I even thought of striking a child. 

I teach, I don’t assault. 

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

I think what it all comes down to the Thai education system that has created this situation  God knows how far it will go I guess one day there will be a homicide at one of these schools where a teacher will completely loose control and take matters in their own hands like you do in america

What’s America got to do with this, or me for that matter?

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Not about you mate My point is  In america  when things get so bad in classrooms sometimes teachers or students for that matter grab a gun and start shooting  Everybody has a breaking point and what actions they do they have no control over There have been lots of mass shootings at schools in america Hopefully Thailand will never sees one

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

Not about you mate My point is  In america  when things get so bad in classrooms sometimes teachers or students for that matter grab a gun and start shooting  Everybody has a breaking point and what actions they do they have no control over There have been lots of mass shootings at schools in america Hopefully Thailand will never sees one

Where has there been a case of a teacher shooting students in the USA? 

Never got to see the video. When I was a kid punishment threatened was a the school principal applying a paddle to rear end in a rapid and forceful manner.

Truth is it never happened just the thought was enough.

As to kids behavior that is done by parents not teachers.

Punching a kid shouldn't happen.

I would like to see the video anyone got a link

Tyipical  Male Teacher approach picking on a defenceless boy who knows he cannot do anything because of more repacussions to him and family, the teacher needs a big kick in the ass, fined and sent to jail for this, but we all know tomorrow will be something else to discuss and he will get off scott free by saying SORRY again..:sorry::sorry:

17 hours ago, djayz said:

With all due respect TDK, I did not suggest that the student was disobedient. I was merely looking at it from different angles. 

And with that same respect, there is no other angle here. No matter what the student did the teacher should have reported, suspended, the student, perhaps even told the student to accompany him (the teacher) to the admin office. Under no circumstances or angles should the teacher have erupted in such a manner.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I have taught all over the uk and the world. 

I have taught in areas areas where it was compulsory that I had an attack alarm around my neck (uk). 

I have taught classes of various various sizes up to 35. 

I have worked with teenagers undergoing community service sentences. 

I have worked with special and challenging needs adults and children.

I have worked for salary and as a volunteer. 

Never have I even thought of striking a child. 

I teach, I don’t assault. 

Have you taught a class of 40 boys with no assistant , all day and no breaks ??

If you have not been in that position don't judge. 

Anyway, the news is fake. 

It's not thailand and it's not a teacher. 

Which goes to show how society embellishes nasty stories about teachers that are highly exaggerated for the student sympathy factor. 

56 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Have you taught a class of 40 boys with no assistant , all day and no breaks ??

If you have not been in that position don't judge. 

Anyway, the news is fake. 

It's not thailand and it's not a teacher. 

Which goes to show how society embellishes nasty stories about teachers that are highly exaggerated for the student sympathy factor. 

I’ve already explained to you in great detail the different circumstances I have taught in. 

I would never strike a child. 

Never have. 

Never will. 

There is absolutely no justification for doing so. 

Never wiil be. 

Anyone who thinks differently is a disgrace and has no place in the classroom. 

Anyone defending such behaviour should be ashamed. 

Edited by Bluespunk

51 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’ve already explained to you in great detail the different circumstances I have taught in. 

I would never strike a child. 

Never have. 

Never will. 

There is absolutely no justification for doing so. 

Never wiil be. 

Anyone who thinks differently is a disgrace and has no place in the classroom. 

Anyone defending such behaviour should be ashamed. 

I think "a certain poster" is "trolling" again!