Tourist visa to Non-O

So I extended my 60 day tourist visa to 90 days and it ends on 2 Dec.  Want to change it to Non-O (retirement) at Chaeng Wattana.  Assuming it gets changed do I get to stay longer (i.e. an additional 30 days or something).

My money (800,000 Baht) wont have been seasoned long enough (was deposited on 17 October) so it doesn't even meet the 60 day requirement.  Do  I have to leave and come back again for the seasonoing period?

Also, for the Non-O (retirement) do they still require a  police  check?  I have lived in Thailand (non-B with extensions) for 18 years with a  3 year stint in HK.

Thanks  for any input.

Cheers.

Cando.

Since you are using Chang Wattana in Bangkok, you should be able to do a "Conversion" to a Non-O.  I would start this as soon as possible, as you can only begin this process while you have 15-days remaining on your current "permission of stay" - so you have time to deal with anything unexpected.

The conversion gives you 90-days from the date you apply, so you would not have to leave the country if it is granted.

You don't need the money seasoned for a conversion at Chang Wattana or other lawful offices (some others make up their own laws). 

No police-check is needed for retirement-extensions in-country - only at some consulates.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why don't you need the money seasoned (60 days)?

they seem to place more importance on a permission to stay for one year than the 90 day stay you get with the non imm O. 

Edited by buick

10 hours ago, candoman89 said:

My money (800,000 Baht) wont have been seasoned long enough (was deposited on 17 October) so it doesn't even meet the 60 day requirement. 

As said the 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the date you apply. When you apply for the visa you will need a letter from the bank confirming the money came from abroad.

Requirements are here to apply for a change of visa status is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

3 hours ago, candoman89 said:

Great news.  Thank you very much.  I new about the "must do it with 15 days remaining thing"  but wasn't sure how that would affect my length of stay.

Do you mind  sharing how you got the extension to 90 days... did they ask for any document?

I am planning on doing the same :  60 day- Tourist TR Single entry and Bangkok.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, bttao said:

Do you mind  sharing how you got the extension to 90 days... did they ask for any document?

I am planning on doing the same :  60 day- Tourist TR Single entry and Bangkok.

You can extend your 60 day entry for 30 days without a problem.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. The fee is 1900 baht.

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can extend your 60 day entry for 30 days without a problem.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. The fee is 1900 baht.

Thanks ubonjoe... that's what  I needed.

I still have an issue with the out of Thailand ticket:

I was planning on buying an AirAsia  (BKK to KL outbound ticket for 1000 baht/$30 )) to satisfy the honorary consulate in Miami and then discard it... but I saw that a fare by train/bus cost a lot less if I can buy one here from the US (again to show the Miami office and discard).

I really appreciate it if anybody knows such a place where i can order it from...

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
14 hours ago, JackThompson said:

You don't need the money seasoned for a conversion at Chang Wattana or other lawful offices (some others make up their own laws). 

Why don't you need the money seasoned (60 days)?

I was referring to a "Conversion" to a Non-O.  This is issued to those who are just beginning the process, and would not have had time to season the money without extensions, border-bounces, etc.  At the end of that 90-days, when applying for the 1-year extension, the applicant has had time to season the money for at least 60-days.  Thankfully for those using Chang Wattana, they follow this official policy. 

As to the other offices who ask for seasoning, deny the use of embassy income-statements, etc - these "additional requirements" directly circumvent the purpose of Non-O conversions.  It appears they are trying to avoid doing their job and/or to drive people to agents.  Hopefully, these unlawful denials of conversions at some offices will be investigated - at least to the point where all applicants have a legitimate path to apply for a Non-O conversion at all immigration offices. 

• Like 1