3 Pattaya shops raided for illegal fireworks

Rimmer

3 Pattaya shops raided for illegal fireworks

image.png

PATTAYA:--Banglamung officials raided three Pattaya-area shops illegally selling fireworks and flying lanterns for Loy Krathong.

District Chief Naris Niramaiwong announced no arrests or fines were made, however, at the three shops located in Naklua Nov. 3.

Police and soldiers confiscated 140 flying lanterns, 31 jarred fireworks, 246 ping pong bombs, 36 general fireworks, seven boxed fireworks and 380 rocket fireworks. Total value was estimated at 20,000 baht.

The National Council for Peace and Order earlier had announced a nationwide ban on the pyrotechnics, with users facing more serious repercussions than sellers.

Those using the illegal fireworks and lanterns could face up to three years in jail and 60,000 baht fines, or both, while vendors were subject to just a month in jail and a 1,000 baht fine.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-11-10

On 10/11/2017 at 4:00 AM, Rimmer said:

Police and soldiers confiscated 140 flying lanterns, 31 jarred fireworks, 246 ping pong bombs, 36 general fireworks, seven boxed fireworks and 380 rocket fireworks. Total value was estimated at 20,000 baht.

I thought I had seen it all, ping pong balls, razor blades, gold fish, frogs, opening bear bottles, darts, flying bananas and smoking, but ping pong bombs that's a new one on me. :w00t:

On 10/11/2560 at 11:26 AM, Peterw42 said:

So the images of the sky filled with lanterns on all the Thai tourism sites, looks good but its illegal.

It's practically arson, 10-15years ago they were no where to be found, so it's not 'tradition' good riddance