Jomtien immigration problem

While waiting for ubonjoe, to me it seems that you have not fullfilled what uis needed to get an proper extension.

7 days is what you usually get to get out of the country.. and NO, you should be able to get 30 days extension..... but that is in normal cases...

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

If you are the spouse or parent of a Thai you can get a 60 day extension, otherwise there are no short term extensions available. It's possible to get 7 days to leave the country. That involves applying for an extension, paying 1,900 baht, having the extension application rejected, and receiving a stamp to get out of the country within 7 days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sprigger said:

Jomtien immigration only offering 7 day extension on non O single entry 90 day visa is that correct

That and a one year extension is all you can get unless married to a Thai or the parent of a Thai that allows a 60 day extension to visit them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your request for an extension was denied, and you were given 7 days to leave the country.

There are many possible bases on which you can apply for an extension. As stated, for those on a 90-day entry the most common is 60 days to visit your Thai spouse or child. The 30-day extension, available for those on tourist entries, is not given to those on 90-day non immigrant entries.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

I had experience in Rayong (NON-O upon marriage). 400KB required in the bank to obtain 2 month extension with available later extension for 1 year. if you have not money in the bank - only 7 days.

The 1-year marriage extension requires 400K seasoned in the bank for 60-days. 

There has never been a money-requirement for the 60-day extension by itself.  If someone had no "visit wife" extension yet on a new entry (not a re-entry), then they should be eligible for a 60-day extension without any financials.

Maybe the 60-day extension was only to allow the money to season for the planned 1-year extension?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Maybe the 60-day extension was only to allow the money to season for the planned 1-year extension?

Yes, immigration provided the opportunity to season money in the bank (2 month). There were not choice to get 2 month extension without money. My visa type was single entry non-O (upon marriage).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Yes, immigration provided the opportunity to season money in the bank (2 month). There were not choice to get 2 month extension without money. My visa type was single entry non-O (upon marriage).

That sounds like the conditions for a 1 year extention of permission to stay, not a 60 extention of a 90 day entry on a visa.

In my circumstances, married with a multi entry 0 visa a 60 day extension on each 90 day entry is easy to do.

I honestly don't know if you can get the 60 day extension on a single entry Non 0 ( 3 month ) visa.

Over to the guru OBJ. ?

• Thanks 1

According to the rules, it is possible to get a, one-time per entry, 60-day extension to visit your Thai wife (with your wife present) with no requirement for financial proof. You are entitled to this regardless of visa used for entry, or even visa exempt. Note the following qualification to this ...

An entry using a re-entry permit does not count as a new entry, and will not entitle you to another 60-day extension if you had already applied for one before the re-entry. Thus, the common 90-day entry + 60-day extension + one-year extension + return to Thailand on a re-entry permit does not allow you to tag on a 60-day extension on the end of the one-year extension. However, if you had not applied for the 60-day extension before the one-year extension, the 60-day extension at the end would be allowed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JackThompson said:

It's 2 months. 60 days is for the first extension on the basis of retirement.

Edited by elviajero

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

I honestly don't know if you can get the 60 day extension on a single entry Non 0 ( 3 month ) visa.

Any permit to stay can be extended by 60 days, once per entry, for the spouse or parent of a Thai.

I have found over the years Jomtien immigration to be THE most accommodating and foreigner-friendly office in all of Thailand. There must be a misunderstanding on your part. Check a little more and in particular talk to whoever is at the entry desk. They will do everything they can to help you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, quandow said:

I have found over the years Jomtien immigration to be THE most accommodating and foreigner-friendly office in all of Thailand. There must be a misunderstanding on your part. Check a little more and in particular talk to whoever is at the entry desk. They will do everything they can to help you.

They did help him by giving him 7 days to leave the country.  I agree that Jomtien is very helpful and user-friendly, but obviously they found him ineligible for an extension and a reasonable explanation of what he would or would not be eligible for, depending on his circumstances, has been given by several posters above.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

He doesn't have a tourist visa. He said it's a non-imm O

So may I ask you guys in order to learn;

If you have a Non immigrant O you can not get any extension of stay 30 days?

It is only when you have a Tourist-VISA of some kind, right???

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

13 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Glegolo

That's how I read it.

30 days for tourist visa.

60 days for non O single or multi married or parent.

Edited by overherebc

19 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Glegolo

You can also get a 30 day extension of stay if you entered without a visa i.e. a "visa exempt entry."

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 6:50 AM, elviajero said:

On 11/10/2017 at 10:46 PM, JackThompson said:

It's 2 months. 60 days is for the first extension on the basis of retirement.

Thanks - I always mix up those two.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 7:53 PM, Dmitry2222 said:

I had experience in Rayong (NON-O upon marriage). 400KB required in the bank to obtain 2 month extension with available later extension for 1 year. if you have not money in the bank - only 7 days.

I got 60 days extension few days ago without financial proofs in Chachoengsao immigration. Looks like rules are not same as in Rayong.

Edited by Dmitry2222