Fortify Rights calls for probe of Rohinya girl’s death

rooster59

Fortify Rights calls for probe of Rohinya girl’s death

sadao.jpg

Fortify Rights visited Rohingya survivors of human trafficking detained at Sadao Police Department in September 2014. (Photo: Fortify Rights)

A Swiss-based rights advocacy, Fortify Rights, has called on the Thai government to investigate the recent death of 16-year-old Rohingya girl at a hospital in Hat Yai.

The girl, Zainab Bi Bi, died on Nov 2 at Hat Yai Hospital in Songkhla after suffering from a blood-clotting disorder.

The group said the Rohingya girl has spent more than three years indefinitely detained in immigration detention facilities and government-run shelters in Thailand.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/fortify-rights-calls-probe-rohinya-girls-death/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-12

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Fleeing persecution and or genocide is not a choice.

Where is that alleged to have happened?

IMHO opinion 99% of all 'refugees' are economically or religiously motivated.

The western do gooder industry thrives on the opposite viewpoint, encourages guilty feelings and consumes a lot of resources that could be spent on their own people who suffer to one extent or another. 

There are plenty of countries that are suitable for 'refugee' resettlement, many with greater cash reserves than in the west and with a religion that is more suited to them.

But these are either not made available or unacceptable to said 'refugees".

I feel no guilt whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

The western do gooder industry thrives on the opposite viewpoint, encourages guilty feelings and consumes a lot of resources that could be spent on their own people who suffer to one extent or another. 

There are plenty of countries that are suitable for 'refugee' resettlement, many with greater cash reserves than in the west and with a religion that is more suited to them.

When you are fleeing genocide you don't choose where to go.

You just run.

I never suggested you'd feel guilt.

That takes empathy.

Many won't allow this to be felt.

That's why many of those behind genocides are allowed to go unpunished.

Edited by Bluespunk

10 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Oh dear! Maybe less people like you in the world there would be less refugees.

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Oh dear! Maybe less people like you in the world there would be less refugees.

I very much doubt that!!!!!

The refugee industry will prey on you and you ilk, bleeding you dry, until one day you or your children decide to leave your homeland as it is now unrecognisable.......but where will you go?

I'm glad my homeland, Australia has taken a stand, although I fear it may be too late.

Japan has the right idea.

5 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

The refugee industry will prey on you and you ilk, bleeding you dry, until one day you or your children decide to leave your homeland as it is now unrecognisable.......but where will you go?

I'm glad my homeland, Australia has taken a stand, although I fear it may be too late.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Let me guess your from Queensland and you love Pauline Hanson.

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Again I ask...where is the allegation of genocide?

Assuming it has happened is just plain wrong.

Read the news reports over the past 6 months on the genocide taking place in Burma.

Read the reports on what's being happening over the past 5 years..

You may even begin to learn empathy.

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Nonsense.

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Read the news reports over the past 6 months on the genocide taking place in Burma.

Read the reports on what's being happening over the past 5 years..

You may even begin to learn empathy.

I have been living in Myanmar for the last three years. What you seen on the western media is far from the truth.

1 minute ago, tryasimight said:

I have been living in Myanmar for the last three years. What you seen on the western media is far from the truth.

Nope.

Genocide is happening.

It's the Burmese media I wouldn't trust.

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope.

Genocide is happening.

It's the Burmese media I wouldn't trust.

Believe what you want...I live here.

You really need to look up the definition of Genocide....any word ending in the latin root 'cide' implies death That is simply not happening. The Myanmar people have had a gutful of the muslim invaders and want them gone. Unfortunately Bangladesh does not  want them back. Sounds familiar? Similar policy to Iran and many other muslim nations.

Edited by tryasimight

4 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Believe what you want...I live here.

You really need to look up the definition of Genocide....any word ending in the latin root 'cide' implies death That is simply not happening. The Myanmar people have had a gutful of the muslim invaders and want them gone. Unfortunately Bangladesh does not  want them back. Sounds familiar? Similar policy to Iran and many other muslim nations.

The Rohingya have been in Burma as far back as 1789.

They are as Burmese as any other Ethnic group.

The destruction, murder and butchery of the last 6 months is Genocide.

Sorry to disagree....the slaughter of the Buddhist natives by the Muslim invaders has been going on a lot longer than six months.

Don't believe everything you read on Wiki. And certainly don't quote it as fact.

They most certainly ARE NOT Burmese.

Myanmar is a Union of 8 distinct ethnic groups/tribes none of which are Muslim.

You can go on all night pulling facts out of thin air or Wiki or whatever.......trust me I live and work in Myanmar, I train graduate engineering students (amongst others), they are not peasants, and it is blatantly obvious they want to regain control of their country, racially and spiritually after years of army rule.

They want the Muslims gone. Period.

This may upset your western sensitivities but well....there you go.

Are there casualties on both sides.....my guess is yes.....genocide? absolutely not!!

Edited by tryasimight

17 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Sorry to disagree....the slaughter of the Buddhist natives by the Muslim invaders has been going on a lot longer than six months.

Don't believe everything you read on Wiki. And certainly don't quote it as fact.

They most certainly ARE NOT Burmese.

Myanmar is a Union of 8 distinct ethnic groups/tribes none of which are Muslim.

You can go on all night pulling facts out of thin air or Wiki or whatever.......trust me I live and work in Myanmar, I train graduate engineering students (amongst others), they are not peasants, and it is blatantly obvious they want to regain control of their country, racially and spiritually after years of army rule.

They want the Muslims gone. Period.

This may upset your western sensitivities but well....there you go.

Are there casualties on both sides.....my guess is yes.....genocide? absolutely not!!

And you are wrong in your claims they are not Burmese. As far as anyone is, they are.

I don't use wiki for anything, I have the ability to follow what is happening and what is not.

Genocide is happening.

As to the rest of your post.

Why should peasants be considered inferior to engineering graduates? 

Regarding your ''racially and spiritually'' comment...deary deary deary me.

That says a lot.

Nothing good mind.

Edited by Bluespunk

7 hours ago, tryasimight said:

C41B78BF-F7D8-4E00-9911-E2617968BE52.jpeg