Looking for some recommendations on housing in Hua Hin

ericg1953

I'm starting to look in Hua Hin area for a villa to buy in the 5million baht range. I'll be living here year round and would prefer being within a 15-20 minute drive to HH city center. 

Id be looking for a mature village that is well kept  and has mostly happy owners. I've been living in Thailand 14 years and have decided to relocate from Jomtien Beach area near Pattaya. I think I'll rent for a while until I've decided where to live in HH. 

Thanks in advance 

Hua Hin is a very good place to live!

Take a look at this website: http://www.remax.co.th/harmony/.

The owner is one of the only few good brokers here. Most brokers are only interested in profit and don’t advise the costumers.

I am living in a very nice village, but this is out of your budget. Currently, there are may houses on the market for sale.

To look for a mature project is also a very good idea. Some new projects have troubles and in a mature and grown project you can really see the building quality of a house.

I'm starting to look in Hua Hin area for a villa to buy in the 5million baht range. I'll be living here year round and would prefer being within a 15-20 minute drive to HH city center. 
Id be looking for a mature village that is well kept  and has mostly happy owners. I've been living in Thailand 14 years and have decided to relocate from Jomtien Beach area near Pattaya. I think I'll rent for a while until I've decided where to live in HH. 

Thanks in advance 

I would go on facebook, search and join groups like Hua Hin Property for Sale and such.

There are a bunch of groups of different sizes.
Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

A great area to live (in my personal opinion) is on the western parts of Soi 70 (which turns into 3218 on the map), past the Hutsadin Elephant Foundation and onwards. Great bang for your buck up here and within your required time frame of the "city". Also, the western most parts of the 112 is also dotted with many nice developments; The Emerald and Dusita developments naming a few.

KIO

• 4 weeks later...

I am also thinking of moving to Cha Am, and would be interested to have some info about renting a Furnished Condo in a Beachfront high rise building (lease 6-12 months paid up front /10th floor and up... around 80-100 sq meters with beach view).

Would like to hire a Thai person to handle the contract negotiations once I get there... because it will be my first visit to Thailand... and after watching hundreds of videos i settled on Cha Am).

TIA

8 hours ago, TenDreams said:

I wouldn't pay any more than necessary up front. Usually 1 month in advance + 1-2 months as REFUNDABLE security deposit.  I reckon you should expect to pay somewhere in the range of 35,000-45,000B per month for such a unit. 

Paying for 1 year in advance usually bring the rent down a bit.

I would pay 35,000B or more if it is worth it.

15 hours ago, TenDreams said:

You might find the logic to which you are accustomed is not applicable here ;)

So I wouldn't pay more than necessary in advance then...

however I know someone living in C A who does just that... and more:

1- he started in 2016 renting a 3BR in a gated community at 16,000B 

2- in 2017 renegotiated a 1 year lease at 15,000B

3- Renegotiated for 2018  the same at 14,000B...

What do you say to that?

it is called GLUT... and the construction Cos are laughing all the way to the bank.

38 minutes ago, bttao said:

1- he started in 2016 renting a 3BR in a gated community at 16,900B 

2- in 2017 renegotiated a 1 year lease at 15,900B

3- Renegotiated for 2018  the same at 14,900B...

What do you say to that?

it is called GLUT... and the construction Cos are laughing all the way to the bank.

What do you say to that?

Here's a recent video:

4 hours ago, bttao said:

What do you say to that?

Here's a recent video:

I say to that I pay 12000b a month for a spacious 3 bed 3 bath house in an area of Hua hin that's so good I am thankful every day to be there. It took time to find but there are good deals out there...of course a lot depends on the landlord and your comfort level with them. I'd also say that contrary to most of what you read online I believe there are good hard working agents out there and that they are generally trying to make happy customers, not rip people off for a few thousand baht and instantly get their reputation trashed online. Of course they don't work for free which seems to be what some people expect. 

Glad to see you are doing your research and I hope you enjoy living here once you make the move! 

Archived