Protecting your Camera from Sweat

Kron

After 3 years of hiking my camera around Thailand it has succumb to corrosion, which could only have been from sweat.

I am now buying a new camera and was wondering what you might suggest as a means of protection. Rain covers seem over the top and those silicone rubber cases still have lots of holes in (plus can not find one for the camera I'm buying).

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Did you often take the camera out from an aircon room into the outside heat?

I would guess yes and that is the problem that corroded the insides of your camera, due to condensation.

Needs to be in an airsealed bag or container and acclimatize to the heat to prevent that from happening.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:11 AM, Colborn said:

Did you often take the camera out from an aircon room into the outside heat?

I would guess yes and that is the problem that corroded the insides of your camera, due to condensation.

Needs to be in an airsealed bag or container and acclimatize to the heat to prevent that from happening.

Luckily been here over 15 years and not had to resort to aircon so I do not think the camera suffered that way.

I have not taken the camera apart so do not really know what the insides are like. Battery compartment and inside lens area all clean. Corrosion is visible on the fixing screws around the eyepiece, indicating sweat from my brow. The camera has stopped working due to a control button being jammed, my guess from sweat having worked its way in and corroding it.

I have googled this with not much luck and was hoping someone here might have some tricks to deal with the issue.

Anyhow, thank you for taking the time to reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Well 3 years of hard use is not too bad.
I "killed" my mobile phone app 2 months ago during a lengthy phone conversation with a friend and when I hung up the screen was dead. No doubt it was sweat.
Having a small towel handy can help, so you can wipe your face and camera.
I also uses a dry cabinet for my camera gear when not in use.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived