Non o Visa

carlsimp

Hi getting conflicting info on getting married and getting a non o visa, i want to ultimately get a work permit i am getting married but been told getting a non o visa can take  to 6 months is that right and the quickest route would be non b to get the work permit. 

49 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Non O for marriage doesn't take six months. As long as your paperwork is in order, you can get it in Penang in a couple of days.

But, you want to work, therefore you need the B visa.

I know i need either a non o or a b for a work permit just wanting the quickest route

1 hour ago, carlsimp said:

I know i need either a non o or a b for a work permit just wanting the quickest route

go to Savannakhet in Lao and get a multi entry non imm 'O' no financials required , over night service apply in the morning collect after 2 the following day

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

But, you want to work, therefore you need the B visa.

a non imm 'O' married visa or a 'married' yearly extension is ok for work permit

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

go to Savannakhet in Lao and get a multi entry non imm 'O' no financials required , over night service apply in the morning collect after 2 the following day

a non imm 'O' married visa or a 'married' yearly extension is ok for work permit

what documents do i require to get the non o

5 hours ago, carlsimp said:

what documents do i require to get the non o

do a search, but off hand

copy of wife's id card, house book, marriage cert + original, 2 photos, copy of passport id page , entry stamp into Lao,

search here - https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search/

Edited by steve187

Thai NON O Visa Application Savannakhet.pdf  &  Lao visa on arrival form.pdf (needed at the crossing into Savannakhet)

I've got my last 4 Non O visa's there, very easy.

A good little guest house in Savannakhet is  "Vivanouk", then i normally stay at Ploy Palace (Mukdahan) on the way home.

Don't forget to google Lao public and Thai government holidays before you book your flights, just in case.

Take your passport and papers in in the morning and pick them up the next day after 1400.

Edited by beechbum

When i got my non O retirement visa in Australia it was no problem and no proof of income just pay the fee, this got me a non O retirement visa for 12 months but i had to leave and return to Thailand every 3 months, no problem went once to Ranong and i was always returning to Australia at that time to sort out business there

Before the 12 month period was up i transferred money into a Thai bank account and applied for my visa at Phuket town so ever since then i only have to notify my address every 3 months at that office

You should be able to do the same thing, just get a Non O  any type and then convert it to the visa you want at a local immigration office  

Carlsimp may I offer you one of these handy ending marks often used to clearly communicate in writing >  .

I'm not sure what you're asking and don't want to decipher if the questioner can't be bothered to use punctuation to make it easier to help.

1 hour ago, ding said:

Carlsimp may I offer you one of these handy ending marks often used to clearly communicate in writing >  .

I'm not sure what you're asking and don't want to decipher if the questioner can't be bothered to use punctuation to make it easier to help.

Richard Cranium. 

1 hour ago, ding said:

Grammar Police Alert!

:post-4641-1156693976:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 5:12 AM, stevenl said:

You applied for an extension of stay, not for a visa. Real important difference.

FYI: You can apply for a 3 month Non-O visa at Phuket immigration office but only when doing it for a 1 year extension.

Pre-request is a visa exemption or Tourist visa (TR-60) entry.

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I've heard that Phuket Immigration can convert a tourist visa into a Non-O for retirement purposes, but, Visa Exempt stamp conversion must be done in Bangkok.

Could be wrong, but, worth checking beforehand.

Both conversions can be done at Phuket immigration.