Two arrested in Chaiyaphum for trying to smuggle 105 pangolins into Laos

webfact

Two arrested for trying to smuggle 105 pangolins into Laos

By The Nation 

20d1743bb5426d4775b6c83d8be92d4a.jpeg

Two Thai men were arrested in Chaiyaphum on Tuesday after police found 105 live pangolins hidden in two SUVs heading to the Lao border in Nong Khai.

Pramote Kerdlamool, 32, and Payao Supsinthu, 38, both from Samut Songkhram, were arrested at the Chong Sam Mor road checkpoint in Chaiyaphum’s Kon Sawan district at 10am.

2b3cc028f01faed1ccfc842688c19a11.jpg

The men were driving two Toyota Sport Rider vehicles, with one following the other.

The 105 pangolins, with a total weight of more than 1,000 kilograms, were found inside the vehicles.

51de1bad89a67f6bec37691c1af2ac9a.jpg

The men said they bought the pangolins from Lad Lum Kaew and were heading to the border in Nong Khai’s Phon Phisai district.

They planned to sell the animals in Laos, where they would have made a huge profit.

0b3f2ad19b95a80ea98a928489a0544b.jpg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332147

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-21

Only a question of time before these beautiful creatures are extinct. In one way I won't be sorry to leave this world, seems humans won't be satisfied until they've destroyed every living creature besides themselves.

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

Only a question of time before these beautiful creatures are extinct. In one way I won't be sorry to leave this world, seems humans won't be satisfied until they've destroyed every living creature besides themselves.

Human race is doing a good job to kill each other as well, sad as it is. 

This is when jail just is not enough. Too bad they don't have the cane here as an addition for this crime. It just does not bother some people that they are contributing to the extinction of a beautiful creature. I only used the word "people" as I don't want to get "banned"