Video: "Potential child molester" arrested in front of Khon Kaen primary school

webfact

Video: "Potential child molester" arrested in front of Khon Kaen primary school

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Alarmed parents alerted police after a stranger tried to lead a child off in broad daylight in front of a Khon Kaen school yesterday afternoon.

Police made a quick arrest and bundled the man into a pick-up.

A video showed the man giving evidence later - he was in handcuffs and had what appeared to be two facial injuries.

A warning story was reported on the Facebook page of "Pitchaya Sesopha" who said that the man tried to lead off a friend of her son's who is in P3 (primary grade three) at Anuban Khon Kaen school.

She called for help and police nearby made the arrest.

The man claimed to be the student's father.

But Thai Rath said that he later admitted to police that he wanted to touch the child.

He said that this was the first time he had touch a child - before he just exposed himself at a school. He arrived on a motorcycle.

The man who was not named was filmed in handcuffs on the floor speaking in a north eastern dialect.

The Facebook poster said that he was probably a potential child molester adding: "If we hadn't intervened I dread to think what might have happened".

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-22

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

No, of course not.

They just were banging him around.

Just saying, he could have been the Childs father , who was separated from the mother and went to the School to see his Child , and he may have either been from another province and so the other Parents didnt recognise him and/or the Mother forbid him any contact with the Child .

The *I just wanted to touch the Child , I have have previously exposed myself at the School* may have actually been , *I've been to the School before and I just wanted to contact my Child* .

I am not saying that is what happened , but in the report, it doesnt state that he wasnt the Father 

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

I didnt suggest that is was a mistake, it may been a deliberate twist of what was said .

BTW , I am not defending him or making excuses , just stating that there may be the anotherside to the story

Then again there my not be another side of the story.

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Has it been confirmed that he wasnt actually the Childs Father ?

I would imagine the child would recognize it"s father.

For not defending the child molester you sure come up with some hare brained excuses.

1 hour ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Then again there my not be another side of the story.

I would imagine the child would recognize it"s father.

For not defending the child molester you sure come up with some hare brained excuses.

I am just going by the reported newspaper report,.

The guy claims to be the Childs Father and that was not disputed by the  report

If the guy was not infact the childs parent , then yes, send him to jail

I just think that its important to establish whether the guy was the  Father wanting to see his Child, or whether he was a Child molester .

If he was a child molester wanting to abduct a random Child, yes jail him for life .

If he was the Childs Father and just wanted to see his child, that would be a different matter