Five arrested in Chantaburi for overstaying visas

snoop1130

Five arrested in Chantaburi for overstaying visas

By The Nation

a94100ee8959bd45b83a819588790c01.jpeg

Police in the eastern province of Chanthaburi on Thursday rounded up four Indian nationals and a Vietnamese national for allegedly overstaying their visas. The alleged illegal immigrants were arrested during separate raids at resorts and a hotel in Muang district.

The alleged illegal immigrants were arrested during separate raids at resorts and a hotel in Muang district.

The raids were in response to the government’s order to crack down on illegal immigrants as their presence is considered a national security threat.

The crackdown is also aimed at stopping human trafficking as well as illegal workers in the fisheries industry.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332391

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-23

Some crackdown! Five penniless illegal immigrants out of 200,000 working without a permit. And they are a declared a threat to national security. Even adverse weather now has been declared a threat to security according to Prayut's rulings. The insecurity phobia is mounting. 

2 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Some crackdown! Five penniless illegal immigrants out of 200,000 working without a permit. And they are a declared a threat to national security. Even adverse weather now has been declared a threat to security according to Prayut's rulings. The insecurity phobia is mounting. 

You make a good point, but there is no mention of the Indians and the Viet actually working, they may be in the gems business as Chantaburi is a gem trading town.

The photo seems to show a large number of possibly African men who may or may not be legal.

11 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

You make a good point, but there is no mention of the Indians and the Viet actually working, they may be in the gems business as Chantaburi is a gem trading town.

The photo seems to show a large number of possibly African men who may or may not be legal.

Agree and Thai press isn't the best in the world as we all know over the years .. 

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

That's exactly what I thought. A story about African overstayers.

Is the annual quote already reached? At least nobody is chewing illegal tobacco. Great work ! Keep it up. 

Edited by jenny2017

P.S.: when the majority of men(!) on the picture are Indians, I'm sure they spent too long a time in the baker's oven, they look, very, dark brown to me, not to mention the physionomy... So, all those ...Africans, ...in one street, ...of Chantaburi, have a valid visa, and are not making money 'working'? I'd like to know what in Chantaburi attracts so many bona-fide tourists from central Africa! Erm... 

7 minutes ago, bangrak said:

P.S.: when the majority of men(!) on the picture are Indians, I'm sure they spent too long a time in the baker's oven, they look, very, dark brown to me, not to mention the physionomy... So, all those ...Africans, ...in one street, ...of Chantaburi, have a valid visa, and are not making money 'working'? I'd like to know what in Chantaburi attracts so many bona-fide tourists from central Africa! Erm... 

'I'd like to know what in Chantaburi attracts so many bona-fide tourists from central Africa! Erm... '

Possibly the allure of gems?

http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1569045/tricks-and-stones

The African gentlemen have been a problem in Chantaburi for some time now.  The province has 306 jewellery trading companies, which employ 562 Africans, who originate from Guinea, Mali, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. There were also 14 Africans working as English language teachers in Chanthaburi as of May 2017.

news.lovepattayathailand.com/national/thailand-target-illegal-african-workers-chanthaburi

8 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

The African gentlemen have been a problem in Chantaburi for some time now.  The province has 306 jewellery trading companies, which employ 562 Africans, who originate from Guinea, Mali, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. There were also 14 Africans working as English language teachers in Chanthaburi as of May 2017.

news.lovepattayathailand.com/national/thailand-target-illegal-african-workers-chanthaburi

Yes, they need to throw these bad bad English teacher types in the clink lol

Most probably making money for some school or Thai agency who cant be axxxd to get them the right permit,

but never the police ask school why they have these guys there working illegally.

Clearly they should stay in their room to avoid capture, working on the Nigerian email scam and conning rich old ladies.555

5 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

Yes, they need to throw these bad bad English teacher types in the clink lol

Most probably making money for some school or Thai agency who cant be axxxd to get them the right permit,

but never the police ask school why they have these guys there working illegally.

Clearly they should stay in their room to avoid capture, working on the Nigerian email scam and conning rich old ladies.555

It's only African how this post concern Africa racism people

9 hours ago, bangrak said:

Go there and fine out.

5 minutes ago, mentalcolonization said:

Clearly Africans being shown on the picture but the media is making mention of Indians and Viet. I think the editor maybe high on yaba.

When people are apprehended don't you think some May have legal stay and they will be free 

In this pic you don't see other national there 

The number in that particular area could be five.. they are living there in southern  and eastern parts in tons.. I think there is some big racket operating in bringing Indians from some remote and rural parts of India with less or no jobs at all.. I spoke with two such people from India. They are uneducated and come on tourist visas. They are sent to lesser known parts of Thailand. They sell some basic stuff like food on bicycles.. they pay for some brokers and they know that they are illegal but never wanted to go back.. slowly after getting to know the locality they start money lending business.. of course about the Africans they come to work in gems and stones industry and involved in many illegal activities like we read every day.. I want the immigration officials to slowly clamp down on illegal teachers too. There are many of them with no valid visas and work permits.. clean up the mess completely from illegals.. 

11 hours ago, BangkokNicky said:

Agree and Thai press isn't the best in the world as we all know over the years .. 

actually it's one the worst....Because I am not sure how they study journalism here...Maybe they are just the result of the bad education system in general...

Judging by the responses this article (and previous article mentioning Africans)  has generated so far, I think it is fair to say that the SE Asian chapter of the Klu Klux Klan is doing pretty well.

Wonder how long we will have to wait for someone to suggest that the Africans should be worked on cotton farms.

Just pure racist bull. The only race of note here is the race to the bottom the TVF posters are winning with their nonsense

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Those Africans are all Nigerian princes, trying to buy some gems using their family fortunes held in Swiss bank accounts.......

1 hour ago, Jasonron said:

The number in that particular area could be five.. they are living there in southern  and eastern parts in tons.. I think there is some big racket operating in bringing Indians from some remote and rural parts of India with less or no jobs at all.. I spoke with two such people from India. They are uneducated and come on tourist visas. They are sent to lesser known parts of Thailand. They sell some basic stuff like food on bicycles.. they pay for some brokers and they know that they are illegal but never wanted to go back.. slowly after getting to know the locality they start money lending business.. of course about the Africans they come to work in gems and stones industry and involved in many illegal activities like we read every day.. I want the immigration officials to slowly clamp down on illegal teachers too. There are many of them with no valid visas and work permits.. clean up the mess completely from illegals.. 

ARe you saying there are many illegal teachers in chantanburi?

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Yep, really cutting into the alleged 200,000 overstayers.

5 at a time.......................:thumbsup: