983 foreigners busted for overstays in 3 days

Rimmer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Don't get too excited and cream yourself too soon.

They might be one person's collection of passports put together. Some people do have more than one nationality, you know, like many Aussie MP's.

You mean all the fake ones together with the real one. :laugh:

Could be that the two piles of UK passports are criminal gangs banded together.

Just now, jojothai said:

You mean all the fake ones together with the real one. :laugh:

Could be that the two piles of UK passports are criminal gangs banded together.

Could be - and that wouldn't mean the gang was all one nationality would it? Or it could be alternative nationalities of the same person, or old and new passports, or fake ones as you say. But no knowing doesn't stop the bar stoolers' comments.

Not sure those Aussie MP's have fake ones, but you never know.

You do NOT have to carry your PP at all times. You can carry a copy , mine is wallet size, laminated with a copy of my ladies ID on the reverse side. If stopped, and required to show your ORIGINAL PP, you are supposed to be given a reasonable amount of time ( usually 4 to 8 hours ) to present the ORIGINAL PP to the 'authority' at their office.  Her ID copy is on the reverse is so the police know who to contact if I am in accident and etc.  BACKSTEP,  I do not know if you are caught in a →raid← what will happen.  Showing my 'copy' during HRM RAMA 9 viewing was accepted without any problems.

Laminated copy can be done at almost any store that does copies.. mine done at Kodak store.  She also has a copy like mine.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

In order to clear out more over stayers, they should over amnesty 

to all who surrender of their own will and be either re apply or

deported, that way, they can get many more and it will be done

in a nice way with the famous Thai smile....

No, the amnesty was already done a few years ago, when the new rules went into effect.

No excuse this time. 

6 hours ago, SoulWater said:

They UK pile of passports does appear to be a little higher than the rest :) however there is no mention of the UK people committing crimes other than overstaying

They were bundled together, maybe they come from persons using more than 1 passport? maybe fake or doctored stolen passports, not saying some Brits do over stay along with many other western nationals... :whistling:

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

....you think overstayers should be rewarded with an amnesty...they do this in your homecountry too?....:coffee1:

Can never understand why people overstay for the sake of a couple of 1,000 baht they can have a visa of some description. There will however come a day when the government see a reduction in the economy for the more they kick out the less the income ??

The continuing Thai obsession with "overstay"....the crime without a victim. "We must STOP these evil foreigners from spending MONEY here."!!!!   If this continues they may have an actual functioning economy.

Edited by Jools

Just now, Jools said:

The continuing Thai obsession with "overstay"....the crime without a victim. "We must STOP these evil foreigners from spending MONEY here."!!!!   

If, as you suggest, these overstayers have money, then why do they overstay?

3 hours ago, edwardflory said:

You do NOT have to carry your PP at all times. You can carry a copy , mine is wallet size, laminated with a copy of my ladies ID on the reverse side. If stopped, and required to show your ORIGINAL PP, you are supposed to be given a reasonable amount of time ( usually 4 to 8 hours ) to present the ORIGINAL PP to the 'authority' at their office.  Her ID copy is on the reverse is so the police know who to contact if I am in accident and etc.  BACKSTEP,  I do not know if you are caught in a →raid← what will happen.  Showing my 'copy' during HRM RAMA 9 viewing was accepted without any problems.

Laminated copy can be done at almost any store that does copies.. mine done at Kodak store.  She also has a copy like mine.

Or have a photo of it in your phone.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

They were bundled together, maybe they come from persons using more than 1 passport? maybe fake or doctored stolen passports, not saying some Brits do over stay along with many other western nationals... :whistling:

Maybe this. Maybe that. Tying oneself in a knot. The most probable reason you are desperately trying to avoid is that those passports belong to different Brits and just bundled together for easy access. Many Brits on serious overstay in this country. You will see as they ramp it up!

I spotted a Norwegian passport in the picture, same as mine. 

It's a shame that my countrymen can't follow the laws and just pay for a visa , they can afford it or just go home and live off the best welfare system in the world. 

Instead they choose to stay illegal in Thailand. 

59 minutes ago, balo said:

It's a shame that my countrymen can't follow the laws and just pay for a visa , they can afford it

Why should they pay for a visa just because they can afford it?  I can afford to go out and buy a lot of things but I don't because I don't need them/want to.

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

In the U.S. they've learned the hard way that amnesty ('86 and again in '94) sends entirely the wrong message, and just brings new illegals swarming in by the million, who now have the temerity to "demand their rights" (which would be, of course, to another amnesty...).   Nope.  Really bad idea.  It's a gift that just keeps on giving...